NarutoVerse 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Neverwinter Nights server based on the Naruto Universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yamanaka

Go down 
+9
kaindelvin
Asuma
Suzu-chan
Gaara
dalerawks
[Administration]
Aquarius
Hiyo/Sugao
Kamarile
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gaara

Gaara

Yamanaka - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamanaka   Yamanaka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 1:32 am

^_^
Back to top Go down
Chiyo

Chiyo

Yamanaka - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamanaka   Yamanaka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:29 am

Guize, not nice. As stated since the start of the server, there will be alterations and fixes to -all- jutsus because they are currently in NV system. Even then, powers / jutsus / items etc can always be nerfed and noone is being singled out either. (DMs included!)

I think it is understandable why the change was made in terms of possession? It is a stun-lock, with abusing of targets hp + cp... that was part of the old system, likely used in NC as well but noone bothered to change. There is only -4- of us atm, and yet we are making quite abit of strides to bettering the server compared to some of the former staff in previous servers. I think we have been treating everyone fairly, and are appreciative of everyone and the time spent here, and am sorry if you feel that you are being picked on (it isnt the case though). But do respect why it was altered, Yamanaka have not lost their potency one bit and are the only psychic based play-style still here in Naruto.
Back to top Go down
KishuSenki

KishuSenki

Yamanaka - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamanaka   Yamanaka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:36 am

I dont see what the problem is. I mean you're now being limited to being unable to use someones jutsu which makes IC sense as the jutsu is basically putting your conciousness in someone elses body meaning that yes you are in their body but how would you know how to use their jutsu without knowing how to do it yourself?
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

Yamanaka - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamanaka   Yamanaka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 am

KishuSenki wrote:
I dont see what the problem is. I mean you're now being limited to being unable to use someones jutsu which makes IC sense as the jutsu is basically putting your conciousness in someone elses body meaning that yes you are in their body but how would you know how to use their jutsu without knowing how to do it yourself?

Well why shouldn't we be able to use our own Jutsu with the possesed character's Chakra? The logical balance of losing our own Jutsu always necessitated that the Yamanaka attempt to trade up to someone more powerful and now it favors strength-based or characters that know the exact same Jutsu as the Yamanaka.
Back to top Go down
Aquarius

Aquarius

Yamanaka - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamanaka   Yamanaka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:00 am

Chiyo... to keep things like this from happening, I just suggest that the team waits to make changes until ALL changes are made... That way no one clan or bloodline feels like it's getting picked on or targetted, because it won't be. Everything will be done at once, it'll be a simple shift, and no one will have the right to complain... because -everyone- will have their own changes. Instead of doing one at a time and making it seem like it's the only one getting changed for a while, just because it stands out the most.
Back to top Go down
[Administration]
Admin
[Administration]

Yamanaka - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamanaka   Yamanaka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:28 am

It's just a matter of being mature. None of the Uchiha players ranted when the Uchiha were re-done. None of the Inka players had a fit when we were forced to rewrite our system, none of the Elemental Creationlists threw a fit when we re-wrote them. Why? Because they're all still viable. Just like the Yamanaka.

For the S-rank. This was the previous version

[Shinmonshin no jutsu - Mind-body interrogation technique]
Jutsu Type: Ninjutsu
Cp: 20
Description: The Yamanaka’s most secret technique and their epitome of mind control. After going over a serial of handseals the user places a hand on their target’s head and is able to connect their own minds with theirs. They are then capable of searching their subject for information or just ask them questions. Under this effect their victims cannot lie and they are helpless and succumb to the Yamanaka’s will.
PvP: None, this is RP only.

WE GAVE IT A DF ABILITY. WE DIDN'T NERF IT. WE SIMPLY MADE CLARIFICATIONS. THIS IS NOT A NERF. IT WAS RP ONLY, YOU COULDN'T USE THIS IN A FIGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE. NOW YOU ACTUALLY CAN USE IT AND IT CAN ACTUALLY MAKE SENSE. THIS WAS ACTUALLY A BUFF. YOU'RE WELCOME.

For the mind-switch jutsus. They were horribly overpowered for the reasons Deebo stated. It doesn't make IC sense for you to control someone and be able to use their abilities. Abilities that you, the Yamanaka, wouldn't know how to use. It's more than just using their chakra. It's manipulating it and forming the jutsu, the hand seals. Now in a OOC stand point. It's not fair for you to spend 5 chakra, and throw around someones S-ranks for 5 turns (if they can't break your DC). Not only are you destroying their chakra supply but you're basically destroying their party. For a simple 5-10 CP?

What you have now is still extremely over-powered. Mind control will ALWAYS be overpowered, but atleast now it's fair. We've come to a conclusion where we feel we can be relaxed about it. Being able to control another player will ALWAYS be the strongest thing on the server. I repeat, the strongest thing on the server. Cut your loses in this argument. All we've done is give you guide-lines to make it fair.

If we removed the ability for you to control someone, and made it a simple stun. Then I would understand your rant. But you still have the ability to control another player and manipulate them. You can still fling around S-ranks, you can still have another medical-nin heal you, you can still control a genjutsuist and have them stun the enemy team, you can still have a taijutsu/kenjutusist beat the crap out of the enemy, you can still have a player waste their CP, you can still have a player defend for you and take a hit for you, you can still have a player waste their explosive tags and their tools, you can still have a player use their chakra pill on you, you can still have a player use a jutsu as long as you the Yamanaka know it as well. THIS IS THE STILL ONE OF THE MOST RIDICULOUS THING ON THE SERVER. We didn't remove it.

Rant more about how you all still have the most powerful jutsu on the face of the server as a B-Rank.

I'm done with this topic.

Last edited by [Co-Admin] Ino on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://narutoverse2.rpg-board.net
Gaara

Gaara

Yamanaka - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamanaka   Yamanaka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:36 am

owned...

lol
Back to top Go down
Chiyo

Chiyo

Yamanaka - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamanaka   Yamanaka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:51 am

I agree with Aquarius comment and we can try a mass edit then. (because currently some s-ranks for example do about 80 dmg for 20 cp which is quite abit) I agree to it, and will try to but again note it is just us 4 atm so we do have quite abit on our hands. And * offers a ino a huggles *
Back to top Go down
Deidara

Deidara

Yamanaka - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamanaka   Yamanaka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:00 am

Aquarius wrote:

... A very simple reasoning to this. They are telepaths by nature, especially Alessia and Yokuei. Why they wouldn't be able to use their ability to read the thoughts of the jutsu they know, as well as how to do it, would be a waste of the telepathy trait... As well, think about it this way. I need to be able to learn that jutsu... meaning I need the wisdom mod high enough to learn it... as well, I need to know the very same jutsu they do, AND have the chance of controling that individual person to use it. As for genjutsu? .. Lol... Only people on the server I can think of that even use genjutsu effectively, are Yokuei, Alessia, and Shieo. Controlling Alessia would be like controlling myself... and I don't think Shieo even plays very often.

This is something that's bugged me but I've been really silent on. It's made a big deal that Inoichi, Ino's father is the best of the best of the mind-readers of the Yamanaka. If he has physical contact with you, has you restrained, and focuses on you to the exclusion of his surroundings then he can look over a day's worth of memories about an hour, somewhat clearly. There is no passive picking up of thoughts, no "telepathy" in the Yamanaka. Shintenshin no Jutsu translates out to "Mind Body Switch Technique" and, in fact, does not work like Dominate Person in Dungeons and Dragons. YOUR consciousness is now in THEIR body. And sure, there's lots you can do... but YOUR mind needs to know how to do it. The idea that you can do this by just going 'lol imma telepath i readz ur brain' is planted firmly in falsehood.

Gaara wrote:
xD this is so ridiculous...

How about the good ol' fashion, accept the changes the staff makes, or leave. There are many changes to alot of the clans/bloodlines since the server has started from the old one. I could complain about the Uchiha, espeically the genjutsu based uchiha and how underpowered they are until you get higher level, but I dont...I go on with the RP of the character, not focued on the power set. If you're here to play a power building server and game, go somewhere else.

Don't even start this attitude. Beyond the implications that staff are perfect and beyond reproach and we should all just take it in the ass whenever they whip it out, you've got your terms mixed. There is no RPG in existence that doesn't require a bit of optimization to make a character do what it's player wants to. Games also have to have a mechanical side to them, as well. After all, you are playing with the rules even if you're role-playing in a setting. So the gameplay also has to be fun. Critique about the actual game itself shouldn't be shunned like this. All you'll do is start a divide between people who won't bother to learn how to make a game work for them, and people that will.
Back to top Go down
Dm Nagato

Yamanaka - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamanaka   Yamanaka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 8:04 am

Honestly, changes to a system (whether its your clan, character or w/e) are never fun. The hateshinai got changed twice in the past month. The latter is just some jutsu changes but a change is a change. The first time it got changed it is because of me. I felt that they were not up to par with the other bloodlines, so I sent in my own revision. The staff then tweaker some xDx's a little here and there and they put it in. So instead of bickering you can all just help revising the clans. Hell perhaps even make a topic for it. That way the changes will go faster and perhaps you can translate your view of matter into server reality.

OMFG only 1d6 damge on Hateshinai B rank jutsu so UP Sad the +2 to block is not worth it bounce
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

Yamanaka - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamanaka   Yamanaka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 8:13 am

Meh Deidra.. rule of cool? This is one hundred years later, maybe we did some R&D or breeding for greater telepathic power.
Back to top Go down
Asuma

Asuma

Yamanaka - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamanaka   Yamanaka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:57 am

So like ... Just stop everyone ? Its being handled ... theres like one repeat douchebag posting on this, Two Dms that actually Respond and stay to subject trying to take this seriously

Not too thrilled with Ayame's initial 'attack' being with 'Deal with it' ... Not How DMs work we do not say essentially stfu and take what we give you on first attempt we are human we make mistakes.

Ellyssia, Aquarius just stop. The Yamanaka Clan through what I know as a player that had one of the most OP Yamanaka ever allowing me to deal over 160 Dmg to a player in one round... I made DF Changes -in that fight- ... I was like ... LOL Hell no ... Too OP ... Works like Shadow Mimicry.. Derp ..and I lost the fight. But I lost the fight after forcing him to self-revive, heal himself with his OP Heal on hit then mixing multiple hits bs(Fighting someone that healed 25 HP a round ... YEAH IM NOT MAD I LOST WHEN I NERFED MYSELF IN BATTLE) but its whatever.... You guys still have a lot of capabilities and if you maintain a closed mind to how to use a Yamanaka lol ... Of course you'll never enjoy what you have , Yamanaka Clan isn't something you go rushing into battle alone with (Unless you do what my Yamanaka Did but neither of you have his Ability to Augment your body so ... No)

Plus Ellyssia you liked the Changes I made to the Bloodline ... its cleaner then what you had , has RP behind the abilities for you to springboard your RP off of. Balanced out the effects. (Mainly Shuffled things around but made something cooler honestly)

We Can leave this alone now.
Back to top Go down
KishuSenki

KishuSenki

Yamanaka - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamanaka   Yamanaka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:56 pm

This Topic Yamanaka - Page 2 Laugh
Back to top Go down
Aquarius

Aquarius

Yamanaka - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamanaka   Yamanaka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 1:31 pm

Asuma... if you didn't notice, I did stop. A while ago. The last thing I mentioned was advice to the DM team to prevent such a huge thing like this. (As well, I also apologize for how I acted before! It wasn't very mature of me. D:)
Back to top Go down
Asuma

Asuma

Yamanaka - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamanaka   Yamanaka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Asuma wrote:
So like ... Just stop everyone ? Its being handled ... theres like one repeat douchebag posting on this, Two Dms that actually Respond and stay to subject trying to take this seriously

Not too thrilled with Ayame's initial 'attack' being with 'Deal with it' ... Not How DMs work we do not say essentially stfu and take what we give you on first attempt we are human we make mistakes.

Ellyssia, Aquarius just stop. The Yamanaka Clan through what I know as a player that had one of the most OP Yamanaka ever allowing me to deal over 160 Dmg to a player in one round... I made DF Changes -in that fight- ... I was like ... LOL Hell no ... Too OP ... Works like Shadow Mimicry.. Derp ..and I lost the fight. But I lost the fight after forcing him to self-revive, heal himself with his OP Heal on hit then mixing multiple hits bs(Fighting someone that healed 25 HP a round ... YEAH IM NOT MAD I LOST WHEN I NERFED MYSELF IN BATTLE) but its whatever.... You guys still have a lot of capabilities and if you maintain a closed mind to how to use a Yamanaka lol ... Of course you'll never enjoy what you have , Yamanaka Clan isn't something you go rushing into battle alone with (Unless you do what my Yamanaka Did but neither of you have his Ability to Augment your body so ... No)

Plus Ellyssia you liked the Changes I made to the Bloodline ... its cleaner then what you had , has RP behind the abilities for you to springboard your RP off of. Balanced out the effects. (Mainly Shuffled things around but made something cooler honestly)

We Can leave this alone now.

And I was just restating that this needs to be left alone didn't mean you were continuing. Just means if someone responds to it ... Doesn't mean you have to ^_^

So!!!

I Quote to re-establish it! Leave this Alone! >_<!
Back to top Go down
dalerawks

Yamanaka - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamanaka   Yamanaka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Yamanaka - Page 2 Chris-crocker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yamanaka - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yamanaka   Yamanaka - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yamanaka
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2