NarutoVerse 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Neverwinter Nights server based on the Naruto Universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new jutsu

Go down 
+4
Rock Lee
Kamarile
CopyKat
kaindelvin
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kaindelvin

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 4:02 am

first suggestion, i know this is new and stuff but it's a glaring weakness of something that people have to pay extra tokens for:

EVERY SINGLE PERSON NOW HAS AN AUTO +2 VS SHADOW/LIGHT JUTSU

everyone starts with substitution, and thus if someone uses a shadow/light jutsu according to the new rules:

Quote :
Elementless Techniques gain + 2 Atk / Def Roll Vs Light / Dark Techniques

Now, a person(me) using shadow/light jutsu is automatically fighting at a disadvantage vs anyone with even a little bit of int/wis. please change that. there is no reason for elementless techniques to have a bonus vs anything, they don't have a weakness to anything so why should they have an advantage?

next is a personal thing that made me scratch my head:

Why did shadow tai lose there signature move, the kick into the air and causing the person to lose there attack, while light jutsu gained it? That tai was litterally the only 1 of a kind jutsu I've seen on the server, and it was changed to just bonus damage(with an rp that doesnt actually make sense). . . can I have it back?
Back to top Go down
CopyKat

CopyKat

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 4:06 am

My main question is if we had jutsu removed/changed/whatever from a particular 'branch' do we just replace it with a different technique of equal rank miraculously?
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 4:07 am

As I might want to have Light Jutsu also a little bit concerned, though I realize common sense means no-one will be allowed to build a set of custom Elemental Jutsu that take the place of Elemental Jutsu. (Since it's free, and 'real' elements cost)
Back to top Go down
kaindelvin

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 4:15 am

i want to post-face my post with: i know it sounds like a lot of whining, but it's what i looked at first(as its what effects me personally) and it needs fixed, even if i have personal reasons for this particular set of fixes. I will take the time at another instance when i'm not being . . . well drama-queen me, to look at everything else and see if i spot anything else that is (seemingly)blatantly unbalanced that slipped through.
Back to top Go down
Rock Lee

Rock Lee

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 4:20 am

kaindelvin wrote:
first suggestion, i know this is new and stuff but it's a glaring weakness of something that people have to pay extra tokens for:

EVERY SINGLE PERSON NOW HAS AN AUTO +2 VS SHADOW/LIGHT JUTSU

everyone starts with substitution, and thus if someone uses a shadow/light jutsu according to the new rules:

Quote :
Elementless Techniques gain + 2 Atk / Def Roll Vs Light / Dark Techniques

Now, a person(me) using shadow/light jutsu is automatically fighting at a disadvantage vs anyone with even a little bit of int/wis. please change that. there is no reason for elementless techniques to have a bonus vs anything, they don't have a weakness to anything so why should they have an advantage?

next is a personal thing that made me scratch my head:

Why did shadow tai lose there signature move, the kick into the air and causing the person to lose there attack, while light jutsu gained it? That tai was litterally the only 1 of a kind jutsu I've seen on the server, and it was changed to just bonus damage(with an rp that doesnt actually make sense). . . can I have it back?

We made all the Elements and jutsu equal in numbers. 25 Jutsu each element.

Furthermore. as to the Bonuses if you haven't noticed all Elements have an advantage and disadvantage not just the elements Dark and Light. Elementalless don't require an Element so they can be used easier then the Elements of a rarer spectrum such as Dark and Light that require the Elemental Focus and are Canonly harder to possess and control. Honestly these passive bonuses don't really mean anything really as everyone will likely in time buy a jutsu that increases their rolls by X amount. and if their roll bonus reaches +5 jutsu bonus. they wouldn't even be allowed to tack on the +2 Elemental Bonus that is considered Jutsu Bonus because they are using a jutsu.
Back to top Go down
Chiyo

Chiyo

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 4:21 am

- Elementless bonus can be talked about ofc, but to focus on 1 aspect (yin or yang) vs a balanced version (elementless jutsu) I think would have a weaker impact (RPly / theoretically speaking)

- YES! All Jutsu that have been taken out (Tho it is for now, we will have updates to ADD More in the future) you may replace with a jutsu of equal or lesser rank.

- I believe the D-Rank you are referring to is the tai version? Nothing changed? O_O It is still kicking the person into the air... however, NO taijutsu of D-Rank level will stun (if it did that)

Quote :
DARK: ART OF THE SHADOW STRIKE – DARK FLIGHT
TYPE: Inton Nin (DEX / STR)
COST: 2 Cp
DESCRIPTION: [Hand Seals: Tiger > Rat] User channels Dark chakra to manifest 3 pronged talons on their hands and legs as they send a brutal kick sending the enemy skyward.
DF: Hit 1 Target, Body Dmg + 1d4 Dark Dmg
Back to top Go down
kaindelvin

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 4:26 am

A: i realise all elements have an advantage. but they all also have a weakness vs another element. Elementalless however gets a free +2 vs light/dark, which means ~you start the server with +2 vs light/dark jutsu~. the weaker type of jutsu(basic chakra formation) is better than the advanced versions(yin/yang). what? it should not be, that everyone and there grandma has an auto +2 vs shadow/light. idk about the actual jutsu, but that should not be.

You cant call something balance because 'oh it'll eventually cap out', with that logic i demand to get an auto +5 vs organic beings with my jutsu, because everyone will get the max cap anyways.

next: The jutsu i spoke of didnt stun. it did ~no damage~ and made them lose there next attack. . . so the person paid cp to do . . . nothing that round but get a minor bonus to the next tai in order.

Back to top Go down
Chiyo

Chiyo

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 4:37 am

There are many alternate forms of defense however, again RPly it is stated there via naruto wiki: Yin or Yang is a focus of one of dual properties that form all elementless jutsu. The combination of 2 (ying & yang) vs 1 (yin or yang) I think would be evident, it is the only rp / technical reason why it is so. Tho I wouldnt mind a + 2 Def roll instead maybe.

And as for the D-Rank, is it an arguement that it is... enhanced? O_o because the rp is still there... as is the bonus to atk roll... Not all jutsu will be like it used to be, but really - for a D rank that does as you said, is going to cause that much of an issue for you? =3
Back to top Go down
Rock Lee

Rock Lee

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 4:38 am

So your saying that a Jutsu or Element that requires an immensely more amount of focus that would take decades to master to the point of something that require extremely lower amount of focus and can in time be preformed in a matter of natural reflexes?

Your saying that Jutsu should be better ? The Jutsu that if two individuals were put next to each other and begin channeling their chakra at the same rate and same time the Rarer and Harder ELEMENT should come out first before the element that everyone and their grandma has as a shinobi of the Alliance ?

<_<;

I don't see your logic.. Could you elaborate on the topic?
Back to top Go down
ShadowOfDwelve

ShadowOfDwelve

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 6:42 am

Maybe because it is a +2 to BOTH Light & Dark where as most are a +2 to a single element, You could reduce it to +1 vs Light/Dark?

I dunno just a suggestion
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 11:22 am

DM Rock Lee wrote:
So your saying that a Jutsu or Element that requires an immensely more amount of focus that would take decades to master to the point of something that require extremely lower amount of focus and can in time be preformed in a matter of natural reflexes?

Your saying that Jutsu should be better ? The Jutsu that if two individuals were put next to each other and begin channeling their chakra at the same rate and same time the Rarer and Harder ELEMENT should come out first before the element that everyone and their grandma has as a shinobi of the Alliance ?

<_<;

I don't see your logic.. Could you elaborate on the topic?

Sure, same rate. Just that logically someone that had gone to all that effort in focusing Chakra would probably be able to use the 'easy' version proportionally faster than someone that didn't.

But arguing that rare and powerful elements should be less useful than free elements makes no mechanical sense whatsoever.

It's like saying that basic Ken blocks should be +2 jutsu because you learn it before Arch-Parry, and it's thus quicker and more instinctive while a B rank is harder to use.

The real question then is why it costs a 'ninja affinity' to learn to shoot a flintlock (slow gun) when everyone gets a semi-auto (quick gun!) by default.
Back to top Go down
kaindelvin

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:48 pm

i dont care about the reason behind it, but when the 'rare and powerful' elements, start off at an automatic disadvantage to everyone else?

Seriously, think it through.

Elementless gets +2 vs light/dark jutsu. Guess what jutsu is counted as elementless that everyone automatically starts with?

SUBSTITUTION.

Now, litterally everyone wis/int focus automatically gains +2 vs someone using shadow/light jutsu, while those 2 elements have nothing to give them an advantage over the masses. that's not balance.

Edit: If we are seriously going to go with the idea of elementless jutsu being faster to use and thus have an advantage, why is it not +2 vs every element? Elemental chakra is 2x more difficult to manage than basic chakra control, sooooooo yea. why specifically discriminate with that on one form of jutsu?
Back to top Go down
Chiyo

Chiyo

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 2:08 pm

ShadowOfDwelve wrote:
Maybe because it is a +2 to BOTH Light & Dark where as most are a +2 to a single element, You could reduce it to +1 vs Light/Dark?

I dunno just a suggestion

I like this idea, will likely go with it. And just so you guys know, there is only -1- Def jutsu and -3- offensive for elementless guys. So I dont see how light / dark users are just automatically beaten in battle.

But I am guessing the matter of the D-Rank is cleared?
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 2:15 pm

Not quite? Compare Shadow/Light with say.. Fire?

If I wanted a +2 vs a Fire user I would need to use Water, right?

Now Water is a restricted element with limited usability based on how much water is in a given area. (Has this been changed, no mention of it in the abilities..)

So in order to get the same effect vs a Fire user you would need to have an RP water source and the Suiton element.

I'm not seeing how fire is not a 'superior' element in these circumstances.

Back to top Go down
Kankuro

Kankuro

Location : One String to rule them all, One String to find them. One String to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 2:17 pm

and when customs start churning for elementaless techniques?
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 2:19 pm

Kankuro wrote:
and when customs start churning for elementaless techniques?

I'm under the hopeful impression that 'elementaless' customs will be highly restricted as being restricted to non elemental is the drawback/weakness of several bloodlines. As well as the 'affinity' being free.

If I thought otherwise i'd play a non elemental Ninjutsu user and pwn everyone that wasted their token cap on elements.

Last edited by Kamarile on Sat May 04, 2013 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kaindelvin

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 2:41 pm

because that ~one~ elementless defensive technique is the default defense every single person in the server has? why would they bother paying for a c/b rank to get +2 to the roll, when they get it automatically.

and no. i want my technique back. it's stupid that shadow lost there unique tai move, and light gained it. -_- *goes to grumble and write back up the shadow tai sequence to actually be balanced vs the light ones*
Back to top Go down

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 3:03 pm

Well I honestly don't like that serveral of the wind jutsu are bascially ninjutsu versions of my clan's kenjutsu... so it kinda makes me feel pointless now and like I wasted my time advancing a character that now anyone with the wind element can do the same stunt of hitting multiple people with better results. Kinda takes away the uniqueness I've been building on and I really don't like it...

WIND: CRESCENT GALE
TYPE: Futon Nin (WIS)
COST: 4 Cp
DESCRIPTION: [Hand Seals: Bird > Pig > Horse > Snake > Ram] User channels Wind chakra to be released as bursts of wind over several spin kicks towards targets.
DF: Hit up to 1d4 Target(s): Body DMG + 1d4 Wind DMG.

or

WIND: RAZOR EDGE
TYPE: Futon Nin (WIS)
COST: 5 Cp
DESCRIPTION: [Hand Seals: Dog > Monkey > Pig > Dragon > Bird] User channels Wind chakra to be released in a wide razor sharp gale through streaks from the fingertips.
DF: Hit up to 3 Target, 2d4+2 Wind DMG

versus

[Flight of the Sparrow]
Jutsu Type: Kenjutsu
Cp: 5 (Single Weapon) + 2 (Dual-Wielding)
Description: The User would use the channeled Wind Chakra along their weapon and begin to perform several swipes along the air releasing a gust of refined wind that is capable of cutting Wood.
PvP: Attack 1d4-1 Targets (Min. 1), Weapon DMG + 2 DMG.
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 3:09 pm

I don't think Wind Razor Edge has ever been changed, also you're comparing a Kenjutsu and a Ninjutsu.

Last edited by Kamarile on Sat May 04, 2013 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Honestly it kinda pisses me off that I paid 200 tokens, though they were free, for a clan that can now be mimicked by a normal non-clan shinobi. Makes me feel like I've wasted time and effort into something I thought would be fun and unique and now I feel like I could have spent my 200 on something else. Even the players who convinced me Arashi was a fun clan don't even play here anymore. I honestly feel ripped off now.
Back to top Go down

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 3:11 pm

Kamarile wrote:
I don't think Wind Razor Edge has ever been changed, also you're comparing a Kenjutsu and a Ninjutsu.

Yeah but if I remember correctly that was the only one. Now each rank has a "target and blast so many" that often have a 1d4+1 for targets you can hit where I have 1d4-1.
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 3:14 pm

Ideal stats for you with Flight of the Sparrow:

2d6 Dmg + (2 if dual wielding) + 1d10 +2 and apply your bleed effect.

Kenjutsu is a funny beast, your Jutsu cost doesn't go up with level while your damage does.

But yeah that Taijutsu version means your version should have the -1 removed from the d4, minimum.
Back to top Go down

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Kamarile wrote:
Ideal stats for you with Flight of the Sparrow:

2d6 Dmg + (2 if dual wielding) + 1d10 +2 and apply your bleed effect.

Kenjutsu is a funny beast, your Jutsu cost doesn't go up with level while your damage does.

Idk, maybe I'm not seeing all the numbers and honestly half the time I forget my stupid slot two... <.<

and I just realized that weapon damage changed on me again... it went down and now it went back up above where it was originally... this is starting to get harder to keep track of I may have to start a spiral just to sit infront of me so I know how much I do.

But still my main complaint is that the wind jutsu now can mimic what I do for free. I could have made a Hateshinai like I wanted too with wind and done the same thing just stronger since I'd have a stronger base to build off of.

Last edited by Kiritano on Sat May 04, 2013 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Kiritano wrote:
I could have made a Hatenashi like I wanted too with wind and done the same thing just stronger since I'd have a stronger base to build off of.

Hateshinai will use Int, not Ninjutsu anymore which is a bit screwed up since now they can Genjutsu, Fuinjutsu and spit my Ninjutsu back in my face, but we'll see.
Back to top Go down

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 3:22 pm

Kamarile wrote:
Kiritano wrote:
I could have made a Hatenashi like I wanted too with wind and done the same thing just stronger since I'd have a stronger base to build off of.

Hateshinai will use Int, not Ninjutsu anymore which is a bit screwed up since now they can Genjutsu, Fuinjutsu and spit my Ninjutsu back in my face, but we'll see.

lol still not my point... I could have played something else that I wasn't struggling with and still had the same ability basically just with ninjutsu instead of a sword

... not sure if my point was coming across.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new jutsu Empty
PostSubject: Re: new jutsu   new jutsu Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new jutsu
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next