NarutoVerse 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Neverwinter Nights server based on the Naruto Universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Server Status:: I'm sorry...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Server Status:: I'm sorry... Empty
PostSubject: Server Status:: I'm sorry...   Server Status:: I'm sorry... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 11:56 am

So I wanted to give everyone an update on the server, its good and its bad. The past twenty four hours has been a bit rough and I owe everyone an explanation.

Yesterday morning when I woke up I woke up late and was in a hurry to get out the door. Like I normally do I checked on the server to see how it was. I was surprised to find my computer off. I figured my computer had either gone through some updates or it had blue screened, which it occasionally did when I overclock it (faulty processor issue I knew about). Either way, I was unable to get it to turn on, along with one of my monitors and I thought that my ext.HDD was also dead. It appeared to have been a surge. I didn't have time so I went to work and came home immediately on my lunch break after sweating for hours.

I did in fact have a nasty surge. The housing I live in on campus is old 1960s(told the staff 40s but even 60s may be an exaggeration) military family housing since the campus is an old airforce base. Well apparently the plug I had my computer plugged into failed or overheated I'm not sure but when I pulled my desk away from the wall I could see the scorch marks. In some senses it could have been worse, I could have had my house burn down around me while I was asleep but back to the server...

My computer is dead along with one of my monitors. I've turned it over and looked at it from every angle and it does not appear to be a total lose and since I built this thing to be capable of part swapping I am doing just that. I just received the remaining amount of my grants and I bought the parts I needed and have had them expressed to me. I need my computer not just for the server but since I'm taking online classes, and doing my own game development on it. I have also talked with my campus housing director here on campus and will be moving into one of the campus' newly built duplexes without the cost of transferring or a hike in rent. I guess that is a slight perk of being a pissed off campus/state employee who about had his house catch fire... that and I'm a raving dick when pissed and scared.

That all being said I may or may not have my desktop back up and running by the end of the weekend, if could be next weekend. I'm not entirely sure when I will have it fixed completely but I do have another option. I am going to load up the server on my laptop and attempt to run it from here. If it lags I'm sorry and it is the best I can offer for now while things are fixed and sorted out. Since this will be on a laptop that is considerably weaker than my desktop I will also be limiting the amount of people who can log in at one time to eight. I know this doesn't affect us much but the average is eight to ten a night and by limiting how many can be on it at once I'm hoping to limit lag.

Down side to this plan, it IS a laptop and cooling pad or not it will over heat and it will lag terribly. At that point I will ask that you all make a choice and post in the "server is down" post that I need to shut it off and let it cool for a few hours before I turn it back on. I ask that you guys seriously consider this because if the server starts to slow down that means my laptop is getting hot to the extend the pad isn't helping and it could eventually overheat and then you're all without a server and me a way to do homework. I too will be keeping an eye on it while I do homework and if it seems like I need to shut it off for a few hours guys I'm sorry I will have too, promises to you guys or not to keep this place up and going. If it is able to handle the load I'll leave it up till I go to bed and then shut if off for the night and then start it back on in the morning. I know this is a crappy fix but it is the only one I can offer at this time.

Again I want to apologize but with the current events I'm starting to reevaluate some things but while I do so I'm going to do my best to host for you guys.

On a side note, so everyone isn't losing a chance at tokens all forum RP posts made until my computer and the server are 100% again will net you two times the token amount as an apology and to make up for the tokens you may be losing while the server isn't at its best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server Status:: I'm sorry...   Server Status:: I'm sorry... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:05 pm

Also my backup of the vault is only a few days only 9-1-2013, but if you're missing something please let one of the staff know. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Tayuya

Tayuya

PostSubject: Re: Server Status:: I'm sorry...   Server Status:: I'm sorry... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 1:00 pm

It's alright! Please don't fret too much about it... I'm just glad your house didn't catch fire.
Back to top Go down
FrEaKsHoW

FrEaKsHoW

PostSubject: Re: Server Status:: I'm sorry...   Server Status:: I'm sorry... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 1:14 pm

No worries man, i think it has gone down already unless you took it down. So bearing in mind there was only 3 people online maybe just wait till ur PC is better .
Back to top Go down
Kankuro

Kankuro

Location : One String to rule them all, One String to find them. One String to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

PostSubject: Re: Server Status:: I'm sorry...   Server Status:: I'm sorry... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 1:18 pm

I hope you didnt loose any of your work o.o
Back to top Go down
T-DM Minato

T-DM Minato

PostSubject: Re: Server Status:: I'm sorry...   Server Status:: I'm sorry... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 5:19 pm

That is one helluva story @_@

I am sorry for your loss, losing a desktop to bad wiring is never fun. Thank you for your dedication to keeping something running for us despite everything!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server Status:: I'm sorry...   Server Status:: I'm sorry... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server Status:: I'm sorry...
Page 1 of 1