NarutoVerse 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Neverwinter Nights server based on the Naruto Universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to mend a broken wing. (Time Lapse RP) **COMPLETE**

Go down 
AuthorMessage

How to mend a broken wing. (Time Lapse RP)  **COMPLETE** Empty
PostSubject: How to mend a broken wing. (Time Lapse RP) **COMPLETE**   How to mend a broken wing. (Time Lapse RP)  **COMPLETE** Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 2:57 pm

”When Baby Birds learn to fly, they often fall.”
//////OOC\\\\\\
Spoiler:
//////OOC\\\\\\

Kirito raised his hands to block the kick with the combined might of his forearms but the blow still set him off balance.  Taking a step back to regain his footing he was left with no time to react as Ninety Four dropped his leg and pivoted on his heel sending another hard kick to Kirito’s side as the barrage of kicks kept coming. Ninety Four, the squad’s scout and infiltrator, was vicious and hard on the young Arashi always pushing him harder than even the squad’s leader. Grunting Kirito bent slightly from the impact as he felt the kick hit his side just below his ribs. Always in the “soft meat” they called it. The ANBU squad he was assigned to learn from to be a Hunter and Tracker Nin for the Sunagakure village never broke bones. They never left cuts on his body but always made sure that when he was hit it was somewhere that clothing would cover to conceal his training. “Hee-Yah!”  Suddenly Kirito’s mind focused back onto the pain of the kick that had expanded from just sliding him across the sand to sending him through the air. That sudden release, as the wind picked up enough he knew. Out in the dunes of the desert a faint and sudden gust of wind was expected but not like that. He knew what that added release during the impact was but that had no time to prepare him, no time to say a word to explain his realization as he crumpled to the sand. The simple kick that would have just left bruises on his side now propelled him sideways through the air till he hit the ground rolling coming to a stop on the sand on his bruised side. Pain shot through him and he rolled onto his face to avoid further pain, “Oh come on, get up Baby Bird I didn’t even hit you that hard” the ANBU chuckled behind his mask as he walked over toward Kirito as his hands slid into his pocket.  

Most Genin wouldn’t get up from such a kick, most Chunin would be smart enough to stay down, but a Hunter or (Prospect) wouldn’t. Sliding his hands into the sand Kirito pushed himself up to his knees looking at the looming ANBU as he stood a few feet away. “I know…” Kirito spit out as he winced sliding into a stance to attack the ANBU as the realization of so many months of training seems to become apparent. “I know you know. You wouldn’t know unless I did it now would you? Do you think that changes anything? …Baby… Bird…”, the ANBU mocked him as he spoke tilting his head from one side to that other as he uttered Kirito’s (call sign) given to him by the trainers.  Now that Kirito knew what he was fighting he knew how to win, an Arashi. “Who”, he thought to himself, “Who in the clan is high enough to be in the ANBU ranks?” He thought to himself as he lunged forward, his Dune Reaper coming to life. “If he is going to use it I will too, fair is only fair.” Kirito sneered as he went to lunge forward with his fist and then suddenly he felt the grip around his wrist and the world spun as he rolled forward onto the sand with a hard thud.

As the world stopped spinning and Kirito’s eyes focused after the impact he looked up to be greeted by two ANBU masks, Ninety Four and Fifty Three. Fifty Three was the squad’s leader and also an exceptional hand to hand combatant so the question of who threw him as he threw his punch became clear rather quickly. “What did I say about that clan technique Baby Bird?” Fifty Three sounded calm but his body language gave away his unhappiness as Kirito stumbled to his feet. “He us-“Kirito started to speak and was cut off, “He what… I didn’t ask what I had told him to do. What did I say about that technique?” Fifty Three crossed his arms waiting for his reply. “To not use a technique of my clan or anything that could give me away for things like origin or weakness until I can learn to control it to be less obvious, Sir.”  Fifty Three nodded and turned to Ninety Four who immediately put his hands up shaking his head, their body language saying all he needed. The hidden scowl of Fifty Three was drilling into Ninety Four for doing exactly what he had told Kirito to not do, reveal himself.

Suddenly Kirito felt a presence and turned almost a complete one-eighty striking forward with his bared knuckles to impact the open palm. “Nicely done, but I’m not here to train you.” Ninety Six, the squad’s sensory nin, stood holding the outstretched fist.  “We have a mission to track down a set of individuals possibly moving through the outskirts of Wind Country. Baby Bird, you’ve been recalled, head home.” Constantly being sent home when the Squad was assigned a mission, how much training was he going to be put through before he was ready?  The obvious displeasure on his face must have said what his lack of words did as Fifty Three spoke, “I think the kid is ready. You will accompany us but only as observation from a distance. If we have to engage in any forces you are to withdrawal immediately.” “Sir,” Ninety Six spoke up, “the orders were clear we were to pursue and detain the individuals if they are indeed scouts. He… was to return to Sunagakure.” Fifty Three looked at the low sun on the horizon, “Ninety Four, how far out are we?” Looking around at his surroundings and the distant horizon to gage his location Ninety Four spoke, “If I had to guess we’re about a day’s walk. Maybe eight… ten hours at a fast pace, but the kid will not be able to hold the pace.” Fifty Three nodded, “Then he comes with us. If this is a scout party sending him back alone would only put him in the situation of being alone with Covenant forces still lingering in the dune. At least with us we can keep an eye on him.” Ninety Six sighed shaking his head as he wasn’t about to argue with Fifty Three. Ninety Four however had his own special reaction as he wrapped his arm around Kirito’s neck and ruffled his hair almost pulling the mask off of his head in the process choking Kirito, “It’s about time huh? Baby Bird is getting his chance to fly!” “Ninety Four knock it off. Don’t choke him just yet. Let’s move. Ninety Six lead the way and fill us in.” As the two ANBU turned to dart off over the sand Ninety Four spoke low into Kirito’s ear, “Just stay low and close to us BB, you’ll do fine.”  Releasing him Ninety Four took off after the other ANBU leaving Kirito to pull up the rear only due to the fact the other three were substantially faster than him.

~~~Three hours after orders given~~~

Ninety Four and Kirito crouched behind the large boulder panting as quietly as they could. “So… scouting party of what is left of the Covenant. Who knew, right? No one could have seen them out flanking us had they not run into you first, good work playing decoy BB.” Ninety Four’s head turned constantly as he looked for any movement, for an ANBU he was always joking around but his keen eyesight made him an excellent tracker and scout. Now after so many months due to Kirito’s realization from a few hours before he understood why his sight was so good. “Thought they all disbanded and went home with their tails between their legs.” Ninety Four softly chuckled. Kirito looked about scanning the horizon and shook his head, how Ninety Four had made ANBU or lived this long baffled Kirito as he compared him to Ninety Six and the older Fifty Three.

Suddenly they both heard it, something snap or click into place. Both of them immediately looked to their left, Ninety Four’s hand coming up to push Kirito back against the rock as he looked.  Almost at the same moment as Kirito felt himself slammed back against the rock for cover he heard it. A “twang”, a release of some kind as seconds later he watched a six inch barbed projectile fly past him. Feeling the air off of the projectile wisp across his neck his eyes widened slightly, had he not been pressed back against the rock. Turning to Ninety Four the blood drained from his face as he saw blood gushing from Ninety Four’s throat where the object had slashed him open. The ANBU weakly turned to grip onto Kirito’s arm before planting mask first into the sand gurgling.

“Damn I missed one…” a faint voice in the distance spoke before the second joined in, “I won’t.” As Kirito squinted trying to locate the hidden attackers he felt a thud at his feet in the sand and heard the tell-tale hiss. Looking down at the tagged kunai Kirito lunged to grab for it, intent to throw it away before it took his life. Just within reach Kirito felt a hand grip the back of his shirt pulling him hard backward though instead of impacting on the stone behind him where it should have been he felt himself fall onto the sand slightly disoriented to look up at Fifty Three and Ninety Six and a cliff. “Ninety Four is..” Kirito spoke shakily. “We know, get up.” Ninety Six spoke as Fifty Three scanned the area. Looking back to where he expected to see a kunai and a tag Kirito only saw stone, a stone cliff. Had he been pulled through the stone? He had heard about some Doton users being able to walk through stone but pulling another through? From how far away? Kirito scanned the horizon looking for similar land marks and there on the horizon some three maybe four hundred kilometers away was the cliff face Kirito had seen before ducking behind the rock with Ninety Four. “Ok, it seems clear enough. Baby Bird, make a break north by north east. Get out of here that is an order.”  Fifty Three motioned toward the north for what Kirito presumed was Sunagakure. Even with his mask on Ninety Six always seemed to be able to read him as he looked between the two and the horizon he nodded, “We’ll be fine, go. We’ll distract them. You’re to report back.” Holding out the scroll Ninety Six had been carrying he passed it to Kirito before giving him a soft push on his shoulder to wordlessly tell him to get going.

“Ok”, Kirito nodded knowing what he had to do, if they all died the intelligence on the small Covenant camp they had found would go unknown. Turning he took off running as hard as he could. Ninety Six and Fifty Three turned back to their plan of running a diversion. Glancing back after a few yards Kirito frowned and then looked back in the direction he was running as he heard a voice boom out from behind him. It was Ninety Six, “Kirito! Supine!” Kirito’s eyes focused forward and he saw it, why Ninety six was yelling to drop and lay on his back. A sand covered figure and blade lashed upward from the sand as the figure emerged from its trap intent to slash Kirito from groin to neck.  Instantly Kirito lunged backward with his torso as he rolled his lower body forward but it was too late the sting and slashing pain of the blade ran up his left chest over his heart as he was splashed with his own blood. The cut continued up his chest missing his neck as it removed his Hunter’s mask and slashed his cheek open before he jerked his face away out of instinct. Slamming to the ground Kirito came up swinging with a trick Ninety Four had thought him on many training spars, swinging his hand in an wide arch he threw a handful of sand into his would be killer’s face causing him to recoil. Turning back to see where the other two were Kirito’s eyes were met with horror. Fifty Three was clashed with two individuals as ninjato vibrated against full length swords. Ninety Six was only a few feet away as he thrust forward with a stone covered fist to impact Kirito’s attacker. As the man was sent flying from the combined assault of sand and a large stone fist Ninety Six yelled, “Run!” Kirito turned to run as he glanced back to see Fifty Three deflect a strike with his blade only to watch his sword arm severed at the elbow by the second assailant. Not knowing what else to do Kirito turned away and ran doing just as he had been instructed as he could hear Ninety Six engage with the other man behind him.

~~~Six hours and seventeen minutes after orders given.~~~

Run he did, Kirito never stopping as he ran replaying that hour in his head. How it had been him the scouting group had spotted when they flanked the squad. How it was him who got Ninety Four killed. How if Ninety Six not come to his aid he could have helped Fifty Three who still might have his arm if he was even alive. “I shouldn’t have been there. I don’t belong out here.” The burning in his chest and the pain in his feet only fueled his feelings till everything turned into a blur. Wind rushed past him as time seemed to accelerate around him. The burning sensation of the dry wind on his face turned to sand in his mouth and nose as he coughed prompting him back to reality. “I’m on my stomach? Where am I?” Kirito thought.

~~~Seven hours and thrity six minutes after orders given.~~~

Time seemed to pass as Kirito laid on his stomach in the sand. “Why can’t I move my body?” He thought to himself before noticing the large desert spider staring at him, “Who are you?” Kirito thought as he watched the spider crawl slowly toward him in slow motion. Kirito tried to speak, “I’ll call you Hijo”, he tried to say but the words only came out in a raspy groan. The heat baked his body as he laid on the blood soaked ground, the lack of water and the blood he had lost quickly taking its toll on him.

~~~Ten hours and thirty five minutes after orders given.~~~

“Kiyogi! Look!”, the merchant’s cart creaked to a stop as the two occupants looked at the still body laying face down in the sand the hint of dried blood staining the sand. The two quickly hopped off of the cart and walked over to Kirito, the older man, the driver pulled a knife from his robes as the two approached slowly. Lifting the lantern in the dimming twilight, “Kiyogi, that clothing is he?” the younger man spoke. The old man quickly started hitting the younger one on his arm repeatedly, “Get some water from the cart. Go… go go.” The old man reached down rolling Kirito over. As he reached up he moved his fingers to open Kirito’s eye lids before they opened of their own accord almost scaring the old man to death. As he calmed down, “It’s ok shinobi, I am a friend. I’m from Sunagakure. Rest, we’re going to get you home.” The young man came back collapsing to the sand next to the old man handing him the water after uncorking the water skin. “Here, drink slowly. Slow shinobi…” The old man warned as Kirito started to reach for the water skin and he pulled the skin away from Kirito’s grasp. Mumbling weakly Kirito looked up at the older man. “What?” the old man leaned in to listen to Kirito’s muttering before straightening to look at the younger man and then around the area. “What did he say?” the young man asked as he looked around the area and then back to Kirito. “He said Hijo is thirsty too.” “I don’t see anyone else,” the young man said as he looked around, “do you?” “No I don’t but he needs to be taken to the hospital quickly. Help me get him into the cart.” The two merchants then spent the next five minutes packing the disoriented and dehydrated shinobi into the back of the merhcant’s cart as Kirito muttered about Hijo his friend.

“The clipped wings of an Arashi.”

//////OOC\\\\\\
Spoiler:
//////OOC\\\\\\

Megumi ran out of the room slamming to door behind her as ran past Juugo crying not looking at him or anyone as they questioned what was wrong. Juugo looked back to the hospital room where Kirito was and quickly walked down the hall opening the door to see Kirito look over at him from staring out the window. Stepping into the room Kirito’s father closed the door behind him and moved closer dragging a chair, “What was that about?” Kirito’s damp red eyes looked from the window to his father and then to the nightstand next to the bed before looking back out at the sky. Without a word from Kirito it was clear as Juugo saw the ring on the nightstand, “Oh, wait. Ok, so what just happened Kirito?” Silently the young Arashi continued to look out the window. “Look I know you can’t tell me what happened out there but at least tell me what happened with you two.” Juugo picked up the chair and moved closer to sit near Kirito as he looked out the window with him. After a few minutes Kirito finally spoke, “She wanted me to leave the Hunter squads.”

Juugo continued to look out the window as he spoke, “Things will get better. I’m sure you two will patch things up after she calms down and isn’t as upset. When you get out of the hospital you can go talk to her. See if you can’t patch things up.” Glancing down at Kirito as he stared out the window Juugo frowned and started to look back up before Kirito spoke, “I ended it.” Suddenly confused Juugo looked back down, “Why? I thought you loved her. You can’t tell me you want this,” Juugo waved his hand at Kirito laying in the bed with bandages up his chest and over his cheek, “more than that girl. Why would you do that Kirito?” After several strained minutes Juugo spoke again, “Well? Are you going to answer me?” Quickly Kirito snapped back, “I don’t know.” Sighing Juugo stood up and shook his head, “You don’t know? I know you better than that Kirito, you do know and I know as well. You just won’t let yourself say it.” Juugo slowly dragged the chair back to where it was before looking back at the bed and Kirito staring out the window, “When you want to talk I’ll be here. When you finally want to talk about her? Go talk to her instead and say what you really want to say. Ok?”

Juugo slid open the door and stepped into the hallway closing the door behind him. The room fell silent as Kirito stared out the window to watch a small bird land on the exterior frame, tilt its head looking into the room, and at Kirito as it turned in a circle looking around before taking flight again. “I don’t know.” Kirito muttered again as a tear rolled down his cheek, the words hollow as he repeated them as if practicing them. “I don’t know.”

“A broken beak, a broken will, first lessons, and every reason to not quit.”

//////OOC\\\\\\
Spoiler:
//////OOC\\\\\\

It had been three days since his release from the Hospital and Kirito was lost. Not lost as in not knowing where he was but lost in heart and soul. He continued to walk the streets of Sunagakure and watch as his friends trained, left on missions, and for once felt no need to do so himself. The ever vigilant Kirito lost all interest in training, missions, friends, and love as he walked about. Often being asked why he had his sword sheaths but not his swords. His reply often one of many but the constant answer was they were being sharpened at the armory. He never admitted to intentionally leaving them at home, hanging in place unable to take them with him each morning. The finely crafted blades given to him by his former squad, the men he left to die, as a wedding present for a wedding that will never come to pass.

“Hey you should watch where you’re walking you know that kid!” the older man yelled at Kirito as he walked by not even touching the man as he did so. Kirito glanced back at the older man and spoke, “Sorry, I didn’t see you.” The older man was maybe in his late twenties, early thirties scared and gruff looking in appearance. His right arm was bandaged from the elbow up and missing from the elbow down. Kirito looked him over and then turned to continue walking before he froze and turn back quickly with his eyes wide before he was sent falling to the empty street’s floor. Looking up he held his nose as the blood dripped between his fingers onto his chest, “Get up Baby Bird. I’m not done with you yet.” Quickly Kirito stood up from his feet, “You broke my nose.” “Really, do you want to compare what we’ve done to the other?” the man spoke as he waved what was left of his right arm. “I’m sorry, I’m… I thought you were dead.” “I am.” Looking at the man Kirito started to open his mouth but was cut off, “I don’t exist anymore. I get a pat on the back, I’m released from my duties, and I spend the rest of my life as a one armed basket weaver.” After a few seconds and no response from the confused Kirito he continued, “That is something called humor. You used to have it, as did I. You’re just not used to me having a sense of it. I get it, but see the issue is I have a problem. I lost my arm for a kid I thought has promise. Something to look forward to in life either in his …chosen field… or with the cute little thing I often saw him walking around the village with. Now I hear that the wedding is off and that pain in my ass just asked to be relieved of all duties. Giving up both career and his fiancé. So tell me Baby Bird, do you feel like complaining more about your nose?”

“No sir.” Kirito muttered as he shook his head. “That is what I thought. Now, I need to go talk with a friend of mine about some gossip I heard. Something about a four man squad who had a mission go wrong and how three of them came back.” The older man turned and started walking off and then it hit him and Kirito spoke up, “Three came back?” “Sure, from what I heard in the rumor anyways.” Kirito smiled to himself knowing that Fifty Three and Ninety Six made it back, the former standing in front of him or so he guessed. Kirito opened his mouth and yelled after the figure, “What is your name?” The crippled man turned looking back at Kirito with a smirk, “You know better than that Baby Bird, that’s lesson number one.” The man grinned and flickered from sight. As the man vanished Kirito couldn’t help but smile through the pain of his nose for the first time in days before his eyes widened, “The resignation letter!” Kirito turned running back toward the Kazekage’s palace.

"Did you not tell him that the letter was destroyed?" "Nope",the two figures watched Kirito dart through the streets from a nearby roof almost knocking a few people over as he ran, “I told him to watch where he was going. He never listens.” “Basket weaving?” The crouched ANBU asked. “It was the only thing that came to mind.” The ANBU softly laughed and shook his head, “Well enjoy your cushy job at the Academy. I feel sorry for the students already.” “He survived didn’t he?” The ANBU looked up at the standing figure, “Just barely.” The man shook his head and shrugged, “I made a call, we lost one, yes we almost died too but we didn’t, and that is what counts. We make that type of choice all the time so don’t point fingers. He caught a brutal glimpse of what is ahead of him and yet you don’t see him running home do you? He’ll be fine.”  The older man turned walking away from the ledge where the ANBU sat, “Dinner tonight? Azumi wants to cook something for you now that you’re out of the hospital.” Then ANBU turned his head slightly looking back at the crippled man who stopped and shrugged. “Sure, if you two have some sake. I could use some company and relaxation tonight. We have a lost friend to toast. I know Haruko would like to see you both as well. Around six?” The older man looked back at the ANBU as he nodded. “See you then Michio.” “Be safe Yutaka.” The two figures flickered from sight.

Word Count:

//////OOC\\\\\\
I was thinking about writing one or two more. I'm not sure yet but I'll likely do one more story before I'm done.

Last edited by [Host] FoRgE on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chiyo

Chiyo

PostSubject: Re: How to mend a broken wing. (Time Lapse RP) **COMPLETE**   How to mend a broken wing. (Time Lapse RP)  **COMPLETE** Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Approved to be Ranked up, Continue finishing the story so we can implement it in rp / plot / growth for your char =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to mend a broken wing. (Time Lapse RP) **COMPLETE**   How to mend a broken wing. (Time Lapse RP)  **COMPLETE** Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 9:15 pm

"The wrong path for a kind soul."

AMV:

///WARNING: This story contains very violent content. It is not recommended for all audiences and was written for the context of why Kirito is now a former Hunter Nin of Sunagakure.

Story:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to mend a broken wing. (Time Lapse RP) **COMPLETE**   How to mend a broken wing. (Time Lapse RP)  **COMPLETE** Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:12 am

OOC:

"To stop saying, I don't know, one has to find the the answer within themselves they have been denying all a long."

“Afternoon Baby Bird”, Kirito didn’t look up from his ramen as Fifty Three’s voice filled the stillness of the kitchen as he sat on the now open window frame. “How long have you been sitting there? You do know I have a front door right?” Kirito smiled as he continued to eat the ramen cup while sitting in his kitchen. “I came in the front door”, Kirito’s eyes grew as he heard the voice and turned to see the lean figure leaning against the doorframe to the kitchen. The all too familiar ANBU Mask cocked back halfway up his face barely showing the unfamiliar face. “Ninety four?!”  The man grinned but Kirito’s eyes settled on the healed scar across his neck, “You… you.. I.. I watched you die at my feet… and the tag!? How?” The man grinned, “What no hug, no its great to see you’re alive? You just start questioning me?” “I’m,” Kirito couldn’t find the words to respond to the man before he stood up and walked over with a smile and hugged him, “I’m Glad you’re alive Ninety Four.” Kirito laughed and released the robbed figure stepping back, “Does Ninety Six know?” Ninety Four looked past Kirito in silence to Fifty Three, “Actually Kirito that is why we are here. I came to ask you to help me on a mission and it will require some travel.”

In the distance Kirito could hear a warning bell ring once and then stop abruptly and noticed the nod from Fifty three to Ninety Four behind him. “What is going on?” Kirito asked as he looked between the two former squad mates as it sunk in his exits from the kitchen were cut off and his swords were across the room on a counter. The unsettling feeling hit rock bottom as Fifty Three spoke, “Kirito I’m here to ask you to join us in leaving the village. Right now several other cells are taking out their intended targets. I trained you for this purpose, I taught you to kill and to be exceptional at it. Not to waste your time going after those who are too weak to be a part of this village or any village to drag them back kicking and screaming only to do more harm.“ Kirito’s eyes settled on Fifty Three in disbelief, “You can’t be serious, what targets? What are you doing Fifty Three?” “Right now several ANBU who I have identified are being dispatched by our forces either in their homes, on the street, in their beds. Where ever they may be. Easier to eliminate them when they least suspect a thing.”

Kirito stared at Fifty Three in horror. “This can’t be true. This can’t be the man who trained me.” Kirito thought hearing movement behind him he glanced back at Ninety Four leaning against the door frame. “So Kirito, I don’t have long to stand around with you.” Fifty Three stood up and for the first time Kirito saw what disturbed him most. Fifty Three’s arm was whole. The arm he had seen cut from him on their first and final mission together was whole and not severed at his elbow. Now Kirito knew he would not stand a chance against the two former ANBU. Kirito looked up from the arm to Fifty Three and narrowed his eyes, “You really have to ask?” A sigh came from behind Kirito before Ninety Four spoke, “BB… you really have to think about your position here. It really isn’t a question you want to say no too. I saw your glances you’ve already evaluated your situation and exits. We taught you that remember? You know you’re not going to leave this room alive. So why not just do the smart thing and come with us? Join us, you’ll be a part of something better than just following orders and sent out to retrieve of kill whoever the Kazekage deems as a threat.” “Like you?” Kirito asked without skipping a beat. “He gave me his answer Ninety Four. He knows what he is saying. I can see it in his eyes. If that is your answer Kirito, you know what will come next?”

Kirito stood up in a relaxed stance preparing him for the oncoming attack. They would not go easy on him and he knew that. This was not going to be like any of the training spars and practices where they beat the hell out of him to make a point, this time it was for real. Hearing a creek in the floor behind him Kirito spun in place as he scooped up the half finished bowl of ramen and flung the bowl and its contents blindly. “What!?” Ninety Four recoiled as he was covered in the ramen giving him pause as Fifty Three moved in.  Spinning around again Kirito swung his fist at where he expected Fifty Three to be, however the veteran ANBU was quicker than Kirito expected as a fist slide up in front of Kirito connecting with his jaw. Kirito stumbled backward and collided with the soggy surface behind him causing his eyes to widen. Trying to regain his footing Kirito was met with Ninety Four’s arms wrapping up under his arms to grapple him. Feeling the Ninety Four’s  hands  start to slide behind his head where he would lock his fingers securing the hold Kirito twisted spinning his body and using the partial grapple to spin Ninety Four between him and Fifty Three.  As the two collided Kirito moved around the counter to grab for his swords stopped by a Kunai flying past his face.  Turning to look at the origin of the attack Kirito saw Fifty Three pull a second Kunai with a grin, “I told you once you should learn to fight without those, they’re your biggest weakness Kirito.” “You’ve improved but not enough brat!” Ninety four came around the corner and leapt into a kick that sent Kirito flying past his swords and through the distant paper wall paneling into the family dining room. Kirito’s side collided with the corner of the low table as he rolled over it onto the floor. Barely having time to recover he heard the two men jump through the wall coming after him. “You should have stayed hidden Kirito but you just had to raise your hand and stand out didn’t you?” Fifty three spoke as he kicked Kirito from his position as he was halfway up from the floor on his hands and knees sending him rolling further into the room. “If only you had gone down with the Hancock during the battle and not stood out. Who do you think slide your application across the Kazekage’s desk with his recommendation?”  Fifty Three brought his Leg back as he went to kick Kirito again as he swung his leg forward Kirito’s hands clasped around his foot shoving him back. Seeing that there was still fight left in him Ninety Four pounced from the other side of the prone Kirito. Swinging his leg up in his over used scissor kick Kirito rolled activating his Dune Reaper to slam his fist down on the edge of Ninty Four’s foot feeling the tell tale sign of broken bone as he connected. Ninty Four cursed and fell back as Kirito avoided the attack with one of his own. He wasn’t done yet, Fifty Three came charging forward once more swinging down with a punch. Kirito’s arm would swing up and deflect the swing as he balled his fist and punched upward at the newly opened weak point, Fifty Three’s neck. Feeling the punch barely connect Kirito caused his former Instructor to fall back coughing out his words, “Your taijutsu and hand to hand still lack what you need. Or you would have collapsed my throat.” The raspy voice caused Kirito to smile faintly as he glared at Ninety Four. “Who do you think has been pulling your strings since the war? I made sure you had every opportunity to become what you were meant to be.” “I’ll become whatever I want to be Michio.” Fifty Three’s eyes widened for a second and then narrowed as he grinned, “You were always too smart for your own good but not always that attentive when you get tunnel vision.” Kirito knew it was too late when he saw the ninja wire drop down in front of his face. His hands shot upward to grab at the wire barely getting a few fingers of his left hand under the wire before Ninety Four jerked him off his feet. Twisting his body Kirito landed on his side and avoided snapping his neck on the floor as he landed. Cursing Ninety Four pulled hard on the wire, “You little bastard you broke my toe!” “Stay calm and focus” Kirito thought as his Dune Reaper pressed back on the wire the wind picking up greatly in he still room before his focused the chakra outward. Snap, Kirito felt the wire fray and snap under the wind current he pressed back against it. Leaping to his feet Kirito immediately saw why Fifty Three had not advanced on him while he was being strangled by Ninety Four. Michio stood there just inside the doorway of the dining area with his hand over Kirito’s mother’s mouth, his drawn kunai pressed to her neck. “Fifty Three, please” Kirito spoke as he watched his mother tremble in the man’s grasp. “Even now you draw attention to yourself you don’t want Kirito and it will cost you more than you ever imagined. Knees, now or she dies and drop the jutsu.”

Kirito fell to his knees in silence as the world seemed to slow to a crawl around him his clan technique fading, “This was it.” He thought. “I’ve let everyone down and I can’t protect anyone.” Kirito felt Ninty Four’s presence move in behind him. “Don’t kill her, please.” Were the only words Kirito could mutter as he watched the terror in his mother’s eyes. “That all depends on you Kirito. You should have come with us there would have been less collateral.” Kirito felt the kunai against his neck as his mother’s muffled scream drew his attention. Out of his peripheral he saw the reason for her scream. It wasn’t the kunai at his throat but the hands around her ankle. Kirito smiled and relaxed, “Thank you.” With a sudden jerk Kiyana, Kirito’s mother, was pulled straight through the floor by the technique he had seen so many times before. Ninety Six was somewhere close and using his sensory and capture techniques. He must have detected the commotion and removed the key piece in the present checkmate. “What...Ninety Six is nearby. Ninety Four!“ Fifty Three barked his command as he pivoted and disappeared into the hallway. Ninety Four however wasn’t listening as he pressed against Kirito’s hands that now had a hold of his wrist as Ninety Four tried to drive the kunai into Kirito’s throat. After a few seconds of pushing back and forth Kirito heard a gasp and gurgle come from behind him. “This time stay dead traitor.” Ninety Six’s voice growled forth from behind the two as Ninety Four’s wrist went limp allowing him to disarm the kunai and spin up to his feet a few steps away. Kirito held the kunai ready just in case as his former friend, teacher, and now enemy buckled to the floor blood pooling at his neck.

“My Mother?” Kirito spoke looking to Ninety Six. “She is safe.” The tall figure spoke before Kirito turned to run after Fifty Three, “He is gone! You will not catch him.” Panting Kirito cursed slamming the kunai into the doorframe cracking it as he drove the tip of the kunai into it. “You will need to report to Kazekage when you’re able. Much has happened and your intel will be important. I need to go check on others Kirito. Get your swords and be prepared.” “How did you know?” Kirito asked as he looked back. Ninety Six froze midway into the floor, “Fifty Three was right. He has groomed you up till this point and when the attack started it made sense. After dispatching those who came after me I came here.” “To save me or kill me Ninety Six?” Kirito looked coldly at his former teacher. “That depended on what I found. When I saw my chance to intervene safely I took it. Even as much as he tried to groom you to what he wanted you have always had difficulty with his instructions. Instead of teaching you to be better rounded, he taught you to kill by reflex and instinct. That is why so many of your capture missions have failed. Gather your things and meet at the palace.” Ninety Six slipped the rest of the way into the floor vanishing. “Kirito! Kirito!” the frantic female voice could be heard yelling through the hall as the loud foot falls echoed through the now silent house as Kirito’s mother made her way back into the home. Rounding the door out of the dining area Kirito ran into his mother who immediately hugged him. “Oh I thought the worse, who were those men?” Kirito’s mother leaned back looking at him, “I’m ok Mom. I’m fine are you hurt?” Practically ignoring him Kiyana continued to look over Kirito, ”Are you ok? Did they hurt you?” “Mom I’m ok. Mom, you’re bleeding.” As his frantic mother looked over him he reached down turning her chin to look at the side of her face, it appeared that as she had been pulled down the kunai had missed her neck but what seemed to be a small cut sliced up the right side of her cheek. “We need to get this looked at Mom.” Without a word Kiyana leaned into Kirito hugging him tightly for a short time before she spoke again.  “Why did they come here?  Why would they do this?” Kirito hugged his mother and closed his eyes thinking before opening them looking down the hall as his father came into the house franticly yelling for Kirito and his mother. “I don’t know but I know what I have to do now.”

A few hours later Kirito would push his way past the now bustling palace as several shinobi moved past him in a hurry in the aftermath of the internal attack. In a coordinated attack several Covenant sympathizers struck at the bladed edge of the village striking down several ANBU as they went about their daily lives. Traitorous and sleeper ANBU, Jounin, and Chunin turned on and killed fourteen unsuspecting ANBU members identified by Fifty Three and injured almost a dozen more ranging from scrapes to grievous injuries. The shock inside the village was felt at its core. Villagers going about their lives starting to relax and ease up from the war were tensed and worried again as the internal strike struck at the special task force of the Kazekage.

Kirito walked past the two ANBU in the archway, and the ANBU on the right nodded at the two deeper in the entry allowing him to enter. As Kirito pushed on the door he walked into the room where several other Jounin were conversing about the attack as the Kage sat behind his desk. Each arguing over how something could have happened. Ninety Six and a handful of ANBU stood about in the room watching everyone and each other as the recent attack showed that the threat was not just outside of the walls. Catching his eyes Ninety Six moved in tandem with Kirito around the edge of the room watching him readying himself to take Kirito out if needed as he strode straight to the Kage’s desk. As Kirito reached into his tool bag Ninety Six flickered and was on him both hands gripped tightly around his wrist as his hand remained in his tool bag.  The commotion causing the room to fall silent and the other ANBU were sent into a high alert as they scanned the room. “Out, everyone.” The Kazekage spoke looking up at the restrained Kirito who was looking sidelong at Ninety Six. After a few seconds the room emptied leaving Kirito, Ninety Six, and the rest of the ANBU guard. “Kirito, what do you have there?” The Kage asked looking at him curiously nodding at Ninety Six. Ninety Six released Kirito’s arm and Kirito removed the bundle from his tool bag laying it on the Kage’s desk the light clink sound reverberated in the silent room, “A request.” Kirito reached down as Ninety Six recognized the shape even in the wrapped cloth and stepped back. Kirito’s hands pulled the wrappings pulling them aside to display the Hunter Nin Mask he had once worn. “I wish to be reinstated.” Looking from the mask to Kirito the Kage raised an eyebrow, “You were removed because you continued to fail on your missions Kirito. Why would I reinstate you?”  “Because I know Fifty Three, I can track him.” Kirito responded. “He also trained you Kirito, he will know what to expect from you.” The Kazekage spoke sliding the mask back to Kirito. “Then I will just have to come at him from the side. From a direction he won’t anticipate.” “Kirito, your career as a Hunter Nin is over you cannot go back to that” the Kazekage turned his head side to side before Kirito leaned onto the desk bowing his head, “Then make me an ANBU.  Let me serve this village and you with what I do best and what I was trained to do. Please, he made this personal. Let me do what I should have been doing from the start. Let me protect this village, my family, and myself.”

Word Count: 3,070
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to mend a broken wing. (Time Lapse RP) **COMPLETE**   How to mend a broken wing. (Time Lapse RP)  **COMPLETE** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to mend a broken wing. (Time Lapse RP) **COMPLETE**
Page 1 of 1