NarutoVerse 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Neverwinter Nights server based on the Naruto Universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Maps and Server Layout

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tancred

Tancred

Maps and Server Layout Empty
PostSubject: Maps and Server Layout   Maps and Server Layout Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:50 pm

Okay, so the server maps and layout is.... a bit moronic. We have a series of areas that don't go anywhere, map notes that say they go to a specific area, and then the transition does not take you to that are at all. We have areas that serve no purpose other than to clutter up the server. We have several broken transitions.

So, my suggestions (I have two options)

1. Scrap all the areas except for the villages themselves and redesign the layout of the server with a single overall designer (I think a big part of the problem with the current module is that it was built hodge-podge by a committee of people. The new areas should be laid out in a grid fashion instead of the maze of single area transitions and such that we have now.

OR

2. Scrap all the Map notes, and remake them detailing the exact area that is on the other side of the transition, not the area that is three areas away but is in that general direction (i.e. the "To Rain Country" but then you actually go to Grass country instead map notes"

AND

3. Scrap all areas that do not server a purpose (i.e. Lightning Country East, which the only transition into and out of Lightning Country East is to Lightning Country Central, East is only there to satisfy someone's OCD notion that each country needs a North, East, West, South and Central.

Option 1 is quite a bit of work, probably requiring the server to come down for periods of time to update etc etc. Option 2 doesn't solve the problem but it requires less work and treats the symptoms. #3 is just common sense and from my knowledge wouldn't require that much work at all, just delete certain areas and then re-load the server.
Back to top Go down

Maps and Server Layout
Page 1 of 1