NarutoVerse 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Neverwinter Nights server based on the Naruto Universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Server downtime

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Scrappy

Scrappy

Server downtime Empty
PostSubject: Server downtime   Server downtime Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 5:38 pm

Perhaps would it be possible for Forge to have one set day that he takes the server down for a few hours for maintenance/cooling down? That way everyone knows that when said day/time comes to hop off and wait until it's back up.
Back to top Go down
T-DM Kisame

T-DM Kisame

Server downtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime   Server downtime Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 7:24 pm

Servers shouldnt require that sort of cooldown even on a laptop. I was hosting NC 24/7 from a laptop and didnt have any issues with overheating just due to the fact I bought a cooling pad...which is essential for gaming-lappys anyway.
Back to top Go down

Server downtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime   Server downtime Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 8:06 pm

-Dale

Mine isn't a gaming laptop Dale and if I have to take it down occasionally I will. I already had one computer burn up for this server I'm not doing it to my only remaining computer. If I didn't care for the server it would already be down and I would only be using my laptop for school.

-Scrappy
I'm still trying to figure out if my laptop is capable of running for long periods of time. I may limit it to every other three nights that I shut it off and reboot it in the morning. I'm not sure yet.

Considering I am going to school online my final computer is more important than any of you will know. Though I will continue to host the server till I am no longer able too I will not sacrifice my five year old laptop to over heating and then be screwed for school.
Back to top Go down
Admin Tsunade

Admin Tsunade

Server downtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime   Server downtime Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 9:08 pm

*Thumbs up* Don't sacrifice your final computer for it. It's far more important for you to be able to complete your schoolwork Smile

RL > Games
Back to top Go down
Kankuro

Kankuro

Location : One String to rule them all, One String to find them. One String to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Server downtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime   Server downtime Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 2:53 am

hehe i have online classes to, there nice, can get all the work done for like half a semester in a few weekends
Back to top Go down

Server downtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime   Server downtime Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 2:56 am

Yeah but its annoying when half my teachers will not open the tests/quiz/discussion posts till the week that they are supposed to be done. I'd much rather they opened it all up and if students, or me in this case, can do it on our own let us do it. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Kankuro

Kankuro

Location : One String to rule them all, One String to find them. One String to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Server downtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime   Server downtime Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 3:40 am

ugh ya, mines opened the first half, thank god @_@
Back to top Go down
T-DM Kisame

T-DM Kisame

Server downtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime   Server downtime Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 9:18 am

>_> My online class sucks... They only open 2 weeks at a time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server downtime Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server downtime   Server downtime Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server downtime
Page 1 of 1