NarutoVerse 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Neverwinter Nights server based on the Naruto Universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shiny New Activity Script!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Shiny New Activity Script! Empty
PostSubject: Shiny New Activity Script!   Shiny New Activity Script! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 1:23 am

So as one of the last things that Chiyo did before stepping down today was give me a link to a script that he wanted in. When I brought it up with the staff the response was unanimous to put it into the server.

The plus side!!! Very Happy 

This new script will give you a token as long as you are on the server and active every so often. This is for those of you who have complained that you get nothing by sitting on the server and RPing with each other between events.

Surprise! You do now.

The down side!!! Evil or Very Mad 

There is an obvious cheat to this that I will be keeping an eye on and have logs that I can use to verify. If you're suspected of abusing this new add-on, the tokens you've been given for server activity through the script will be taken away.

If this is abused, even if just one of you continues to do this, the script will be removed and the activity tokens will not be given out.

I wanted to put this into the server to give us players another way to earn tokens without the need of a DM. If its going to be abused I'll have to take it away so please don't abuse this.

Last edited by [Host] FoRgE on Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shiny New Activity Script!   Shiny New Activity Script! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 8:45 pm

So I've been noticing some irregularities with the token script and players stating that they were getting more than the were supposed too.

I was skeptical until I just logged in a few moments ago and I got 4 tokens in the span of a few seconds. I've stepped the server back a version and will work on the token script while I can.

As a side note the tokens you have now are going to be equal to 6 Server Activity Tokens to 1 RP token. This ammount may continue to vary. We're trying to give you guys a means to earn tokens that doesn't require DMs but one that also doesn't shower you in tokens either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shiny New Activity Script!   Shiny New Activity Script! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 11:51 am

I want to take a moment and apologize to all of you. I was really excited about the token script that I did not test it extensively enough to find its issues. Which of course was also hard to do without throwing it out into the server to see how it would act live on a server versus sitting in the corner of my office running only on my laptop.

I'm a little behind on homework so I will be working on that the next few days. Due to it being the first of the semester and I work for the school's help desk doing computer repair and troubleshooting for the campus, students, and teachers I am working some odd hours to spread out coverage with my coworkers. With that said I will be off Thursday and Friday. If I can get my homework for the week done quick enough I can devote some time to the script issue at that time.

I want to get this fixed as quickly as possible for all of you. I hate giving the server something we all have been wanting for a long time, the ability to earn something without a DM, and then take it away because its broken and giving out too many tokens. If nothing else I may take the server offline or lock it on one of the days I'm off early in the day while I test it on an active server not just on my laptop.  I will keep you all updated as I work on this.

Again I'm sorry for giving you guys this and then taking it away only a day later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shiny New Activity Script!   Shiny New Activity Script! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shiny New Activity Script!
Page 1 of 1