NarutoVerse 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Neverwinter Nights server based on the Naruto Universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NPC system questions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hiyo/Sugao

Hiyo/Sugao

NPC system questions Empty
PostSubject: NPC system questions   NPC system questions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 7:56 am

Hey there,

First off, I'd like to say that the NPC system as suggested makes for very interesting ideas for the server. It's more means to give players more naturally occurring content and IC drama without the help of DMs. I got a few questions though:

- How does learning jutsu work for an NPC missing nin? do they learn a bunch on creation and then train up new ones as they go along? If not, I think I'd be good as it seems to co-inside with the 'pick up and play' style this NPC system seems to suggest.

- Do NPCs get a time to be non-missing so to build relationships with PCs and -then- go rogue to generate extra tension? or do we have to 'say' these connections exist on creation?

- Is it possible to gain tokens for your PCs by 'playing a good role'? so we aren't losing out on tokens PC-wise?
Back to top Go down
Chiyo

Chiyo

PostSubject: Re: NPC system questions   NPC system questions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 1:30 pm

1) It would work like a normal char, you have the option to put rp posts to learn jutsus for your NPC missing nin or IG. (Bio of course needed after DM Approval, so we can keep tabs on how many there are)

2) How powerful, is limited -only- to the 200 token ability, the npc tokens there after are for stats / items / weapons / Jutsus etc. only. (No extra slots after 2)

3) NPCs could have relations with other chars upon creation or via RP forums, but nothing IG (IE: NPCs going as Suna nin, and staying suna nin for a while before leaving. That would take the point out of being an NPC Missing nin, and just a free extra toon)

4) Unfortunately any rewards the NPC gains, will be limited to only that NPC (Not useable to player's other characters) This is to prevent confusion and issues upon refunds or deaths or anything like that for us. (Its best to keep PC earned tokens to PC based chars, and NPC earned tokens to NPC chars.)

Overall, yes I do hope people will enjoy this new option to play. It is like playing an extra Toon, with capabilities to make their own factions, and influence current political / plot as well. So it requires alot of responsibility, but I know that most of us are capable of handling this privilege.
Back to top Go down
Hiyo/Sugao

Hiyo/Sugao

PostSubject: Re: NPC system questions   NPC system questions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 1:52 pm

I think we should have a sub-forum for NPC characters then. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chiyo

Chiyo

PostSubject: Re: NPC system questions   NPC system questions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 2:15 pm

* Likes! * =) Ill talk to Ino
Back to top Go down
Aquarius

Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: NPC system questions   NPC system questions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 2:34 pm

I do have a question. When a player makes one of these NPC missing ninja, do their bloodline or clan count towards a slot for that bloodline or clan, or is it separate?
Back to top Go down
Chiyo

Chiyo

PostSubject: Re: NPC system questions   NPC system questions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 4:17 pm

I would like to say seperate, but to prevent everyone going Uchiha will discuss with Itachi and Ino. (But if we have diversity I think seperate would be ok, will discuss just incase)
Back to top Go down
KishuSenki

KishuSenki

PostSubject: Re: NPC system questions   NPC system questions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 4:24 pm

DM Chiyo wrote:
I would like to say seperate, but to prevent everyone going Uchiha will discuss with Itachi and Ino. (But if we have diversity I think seperate would be ok, will discuss just incase)

Just make NPC bloodline/clan slots. Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NPC system questions   NPC system questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NPC system questions
Page 1 of 1