NarutoVerse 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Neverwinter Nights server based on the Naruto Universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Encouraging people to other villages.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FrEaKsHoW

FrEaKsHoW

Encouraging people to other villages. Empty
PostSubject: Encouraging people to other villages.   Encouraging people to other villages. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 10:49 am

Yo, I've been back about a week now and I already feel that i'm stuck into my old routine. As a hardcore Kiri player/DM I often found myself as the only Kiri player online, just sitting there waiting for RP to happen (and more often then not i'd become a DM because it is literally the only way i'd earn tokens). So without Kiri as a village option anymore I opted for Iwa, my second favorite village. And yet again, here I am. On the server for a good 10ish hours a day just sitting here... waiting.. (obviously I do other stuff and tab in every few mins to check whats up)

So my real dilemma is this, I have what I like to call RP morals. I won't engage in RP unless it is what my char would do. For example last night there was a really cool sounding event that obviously escalated into a cool battle or something. But because it was announced via something like "Come to Suna for a special offer on an exotic holiday!" I knew that wouldn't appeal to Kiyoshi at all so sat it out and simply watched the others RP it out in party. The same goes for every day RP, I often see 5-9 people in Kumo, but as an Iwa Genin I have no reason to be there. 95% of Genin missions are around the village/surrounding country. I'm not about to break character to get RP, cos that is bad RP.

So all that being said seeing as this has been a lasting thing for most versions of the server I do think it's time some sort of system was in place to encourage people to join other villages. so here are some 5 second ideas, so please don't treat them like they are my lifes work feel free to rip them.

1) Grant greater token rewards for general RP (between players) and focus events on people sat there with noone to RP with.

2) This won't help Suna so much but I think they are better off then Iwa. Kiri and Iwa where hardcore allies before any of this covinent stuff. Back when it was village vs village we always had Kiri and Iwa as allies. So it would make a lot of sense for Iwa to have recruited all Kiri members untill such a time as they can retake Kiri (and even help them do it) This would mean all the refugee Kiri members would be treated as Iwa Genin/whatever rank they are.

3) A sort of planetside 2 method of villages with more members get less token rewards because they get them more often, and vise versa villages with less members get increased token rewards because they get less events

4) I just noticed that we have this activity token thing added in. A really good idea in my mind rather then having them traded in 1 for 3. Is to make the trade in cost village based. Kumo nin really don't need an extra avenue of token income so they could perhaps be 1 for 3 or 4. Suna have a lot less members but still a few so perhaps 1 for 2 or 3. Then Kiri and Iwa only have like 2-3 members not all of which are active at all so they could trade in their activity tokens 1 for 1 or 2. Reason for this being it's a lot more painful to be active when you don't get RP.

Just some quick ideas so focus on the concept rather then the suggestions. Thoughts?

Last edited by FrEaKsHoW on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin Tsunade

Admin Tsunade

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging people to other villages.   Encouraging people to other villages. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 10:56 am

I like the idea of Kiri nin being with Iwa until it has been retaken. This boosts population there, without giving any specific village a token-based advantage over another, mechanically.

Back to top Go down
FrEaKsHoW

FrEaKsHoW

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging people to other villages.   Encouraging people to other villages. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 10:58 am

I know it sounds like stuff for nothing, but at the same time there is this big drive to get people back/get new players but then there is no reward for it unless you join Kumo :p
Back to top Go down
Admin Hidan

Admin Hidan

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging people to other villages.   Encouraging people to other villages. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:35 pm

The allies forces are based in Kumo and Suna, you ar from a different village but you stay ithin these two villages for now.
Back to top Go down
kaindelvin

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging people to other villages.   Encouraging people to other villages. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 1:52 pm

Rant:

Ok. I like encouraging people to go to different villages. . . i don't like limiting people who choose not to. If you can figure out a way to do one without the other i'll get behind you.
Back to top Go down
FrEaKsHoW

FrEaKsHoW

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging people to other villages.   Encouraging people to other villages. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 2:28 pm

kaindelvin wrote:
Rant:

Ok. I like encouraging people to go to different villages. . . i don't like limiting people who choose not to. If you can figure out a way to do one without the other i'll get behind you.
Like I said focus on the concept of having SOME sort of fix/advantage to evening the village numbers, don't focus on the things i spammed out in 5 seconds, no thought went into them :p. Your whole rant focuses on the things I told you not to focus on :p That being said queen of chaos has cleared it up anyway by saying that all villages are now(or where already and I didnt know) hold up in suna/kumo. Also it really isn't my job to come up with excuses to leave my village every minute of every day (because there is no OOC reason at ALL for me to stay in Iwa) if that was the case then it just means the server plot is broken to force people to make up crap RP every two seconds to get some forced RP. But again its been cleared up now thanks to queen, I now have a legit reason for not being in Iwa. No need for rants :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Encouraging people to other villages.   Encouraging people to other villages. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Encouraging people to other villages.
Page 1 of 1