NarutoVerse 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Neverwinter Nights server based on the Naruto Universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunter Ninjas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kamarile

Kamarile

Hunter Ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Hunter Ninjas   Hunter Ninjas Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:41 pm

Should be removed from the Job board and replaced with a Missing Ninja equivalent system. It seems kind of unfair that if you wanna be evil and PvP you get a free Chuunin level character. (Missing Nin made days before the exam got Chuunin. I don't know what the decision making process behind that was so i'm just going to assume the worst) whereas if you don't want to be evil and PvP at the same level you have to do a long grind and do tons of soap opera RP?

Making the Hunter Nin an essential mirror of the missing Nin (using the same 1 per character) account would be fairer, in my opinion. More fun for the missing people aswell cos who wants to risk their -main RP character- being captured by someones FREE alt?
Back to top Go down

Hunter Ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter Ninjas   Hunter Ninjas Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:51 pm

Well as the only Hunter Nin on the server... I think... it is fair. The Missing Nins are there like the DMs said to take some of the work off of them and in some cases create more. Look at what I did with Ibi in the Chuunin Exam? I was "paid" IC to help the Covenant but because of my character's own actions he is now hunted by both sides and on the run for turning on the Covenant forces.

To me the Missing Nins are characters we all play to throw in a little chaos and stir up the server because honestly when I'm on all I ever do is sit around and stare at each of you chatting till a DM comes on. If something like a Hunter Nin thing was created it would defeat the purpose that the Missing Nin are there to create a little conflict without the DMs wanting to do events which for me has been far and between since the exams. The idea of creating a Hunter Nin variation to me sounds stupid... do what I did with Kirito pursue it with your character and if you're too scared to go after the Missing Nin with your main character I think you're missing the point.

To me this sounds more like a "gimme a free character so I can go out and try to kill missing nin without the risk of losing my main character". I enjoy playing Ibi and the personality of his but at the end of the day he is disposable and meant to stand at the tree line shaking his ass at you patting his backside yelling "try to catch me!"
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

Hunter Ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter Ninjas   Hunter Ninjas Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 12:08 am

Kiritano wrote:
To me this sounds more like a "gimme a free character so I can go out and try to kill missing nin without the risk of losing my main character".

No you haven't missed the point. That's -exactly- what I said. If there's 200 free tokens in a fund somewhere for a limited character to do PvP focused RP with then both sides should be covered. The perma rules on these characters you describe as disposable are so strict you would have to be an absolute idiot to lose one.

It would involve actually walking into the city you were wanted in and going "My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father. Prepare to die!" to the Kage.

Maybe you're willing to take the risks but what 3 days of captivity actually involves is a subjective term anyway. For me that might be 50 ingame hours of sitting AFK hoping for tokens to drop from the sky.

If I made an alt to reduce my risks I wouldn't be combat-effective. It's a catch-22

I also happen to be one of the richer players, though I seriously doubt that with all the slot 4 Chuunin with 19 mods strutting about. (Yeah ok if I slot 4'ed Alessia i'd have over 200 tokens left, what's your point?)

Back to top Go down
Hiyo/Sugao

Hiyo/Sugao

Hunter Ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter Ninjas   Hunter Ninjas Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 9:41 am

I was the one to create the current Missing Nin System.

Previous posts are correct in that these NPCs were made to inject more chaos and unpredictability into the server. The reason they were made stronger from the start was to combat the fact that any missing ninja will be outnumbered most of the time; simply by the ratio of PCs to Missing nin characters. It is not fun for a missing Ninja player to attempt a capture then 3 of their friends show up out of nowhere. Considering these 'Hunter Nins' you are suggesting would be on the side already out numbering NPCs, that would just tip the balance even further.

Second of all, They were made strong to potentially become a motivation for player characters if they so choose. "I won't let 'X' win, I must get stronger", sort of thing. Such does not come about from enemies that are weaker than the players. Yes, the Missing Nin would be severely weaker than normal NPCs are they are not played as much as normal NPCs and cannot have normal tokens invested in them. Less tokens, Less time, Means weaker. Their head start keeps them competitive in the long-run.

Thirdly, NPCs are supposed to be rewards for people who have higher ability of roleplay, fair play and attitude in the server. They are not replacements or freebies. The fact you are not willing to risk your character to actually have some excitement on the server tells me that you would not be a good candidate for an NPC. But I am not staff any more.
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

Hunter Ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter Ninjas   Hunter Ninjas Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 3:54 pm

Hiyodori - Jiatsu wrote:
Thirdly, NPCs are supposed to be rewards for people who have higher ability of roleplay, fair play and attitude in the server. They are not replacements or freebies. The fact you are not willing to risk your character to actually have some excitement on the server tells me that you would not be a good candidate for an NPC. But I am not staff any more.

Vehemently disagree. The Missing Ninja system is currently in extreme violation of the server rules themselves, which state that -anyone- may become a Missing Ninja if they accept the associated risks. The Freebie character is (by server rules as written) an additional incentive to seek DM approval and accept additional rules that have been added on top of 'the RULES rules'

If DMs are veto'ing PC's going missing using the lesser 'NPC Rules' as a reason(which do not apply to PC Missing Ninja because they.. are not NPCs) then they are breaking the rules that are listed along with things like "DMs must be polite to players" and "DMs have the right to login to the client" and we now have anarchy.

I don't understand why Deebo is moaning that Kemuri wasn't allowed to go Missing because it's in black and white that players have the right to do it, the same way they have a right to make a Genin level starting PC.

The fact you ignored the server rules tells me you would not be a good candidate for staff. Though I have never been staff.
Back to top Go down
kaindelvin

Hunter Ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter Ninjas   Hunter Ninjas Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 5:50 pm

K. couple points wrong with what you just said kama:

A: The rule you just used is:

Quote :
1.2: A player has the right to have their current character become a Missing Ninja; always taking into account the risks of undergoing such a path.

No where in there, does it say everyone has the right to make a npc missing ninja. You at any point in time, can have kama say "F U, i'm not reporting back to yuki". not, "Oh lul, i'ma go make a missing npc that runs around villages naked". The npc missing shinobi is a dm tool handed to players to assist them when they cannot do it all themselves.

B: What you just argued has no bearing whatsoever on your previous points, and is just a desperate attempt to shift attention to an emotional battlefield much as the tea party is fond of doing. It does nothing for your point in the long run.

C: Stop insulting people because your butt hurt.
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

Hunter Ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter Ninjas   Hunter Ninjas Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:30 pm

kaindelvin wrote:
K. couple points wrong with what you just said kama:

A: The rule you just used is:

Quote :
1.2: A player has the right to have their current character become a Missing Ninja; always taking into account the risks of undergoing such a path.

No where in there, does it say everyone has the right to make a npc missing ninja. You at any point in time, can have kama say "F U, i'm not reporting back to yuki". not, "Oh lul, i'ma go make a missing npc that runs around villages naked". The npc missing shinobi is a dm tool handed to players to assist them when they cannot do it all themselves.

B: What you just argued has no bearing whatsoever on your previous points, and is just a desperate attempt to shift attention to an emotional battlefield much as the tea party is fond of doing. It does nothing for your point in the long run.

C: Stop insulting people because your butt hurt.

A: You read what I said wrong and said nothing that contradicts me. Deebo wanted -Kemuri- to go missing and was denied.

B: The staff ignoring the rules has wearing on everything to do with the server. Go read the rules, they set the entire framework for the server and clearly state what the DM staff is obliged to do, according to the Host and others who had input in making them.

Quote :
1.1: A DM has the right to log onto the client and monitor roleplay; awarding this last as seen fit by the staff member.

They invoke this rule every time they go client side. It's the hosts permission for someone defined as a 'dm' to access the client with their login details. Without this rule any DM accessing the server would be 'hacking' the server.

How can you say these rules can be selectively ignored by the staff when many of them restrict and state the obligations the staff have, as defined by whomever created/hosts the server.

You're making no sense.

C: Relogging your main to carry on RP vs 50 hours of logged in captivity do not come close to being even risks on both sides. The risks despite being 'the same' do not balance each other.

Missing Nin get a throwaway they can run through a meat grinder if they wish and it won't affect their main source of RP.

Honestly i've never applied for a Missing Ninja and I never will. It's too much carrot/stick for me to bother with. every time it's mentioned someone suggestively waggles their eyebrows and hints it's only for good little boys and girls that don't question anything.

As Hiyo just did.
Back to top Go down
Chiyo

Chiyo

Hunter Ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter Ninjas   Hunter Ninjas Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:48 pm

I see alot of things not making sense here - though this topic was debated earlier too. I would ask though that you do not insult others for their opinions - as you yourself have clearly stated yours. (Beautiful thing about opinions is everyone has them, but not everyone is right - DM / Admin included)

I will though lock this topic for the time being, until emotions can simmer down. Kinda disappointed though after what we talked / discussed yesterday. = / Not nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hunter Ninjas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunter Ninjas   Hunter Ninjas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunter Ninjas
Page 1 of 1