NarutoVerse 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Neverwinter Nights server based on the Naruto Universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So how about..

Go down 
+8
dalerawks
Aquarius
kaindelvin
Deidara
Amaterasu
Kuroneko
Kamarile
KishuSenki
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KishuSenki

KishuSenki

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 5:59 pm

Characters can only focus in two things? Like Ninjutsu/Medical Genjutsu/Ninjutsu Taijutsu/Kenjutsu Whatever make it like you pick two of these things:

Ninjutsu
Genjutsu
Medical
Taijutsu
Kenjutsu
Fuinjutsu

and you can have any combination of the two as long as your rp suits it and you can't branch out of your specialization. This prevents people from going "OH YEAH I CAN DO EVERYTHING" when in reality that makes no fucking sense.
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 6:00 pm

Only 2?

Make it like 3, but you have to give up all stat substitution.
Back to top Go down
KishuSenki

KishuSenki

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 6:02 pm

I like two better cause if you had three then you can still get a shit ton of stuff

Ninjutsu/Genjutsu/Kenjutsu
Ninjutsu/Fuinjutsu/Medical
Genjutsu/Kenjutsu/Medical

nothx.
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 6:03 pm

KishuSenki wrote:
I like two better cause if you had three then you can still get a shit ton of stuff

nothx.

I still think the problem is stat substitution. It lets you have three or four things by raising two stats. Besides what's wrong with Nin/Med/Gen?
Back to top Go down
KishuSenki

KishuSenki

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 6:05 pm

Elyssa wrote:
KishuSenki wrote:

nothx.

I still think the problem is stat substitution. It lets you have three or four things by raising two stats. Besides what's wrong with Nin/Med/Gen?

You can stun someone, nuke them with a giant fireball and then stun them again and heal yourself.
Back to top Go down
Kuroneko

Kuroneko

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 7:55 pm

I think this is a stupid suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 7:59 pm

Kuroneko wrote:
I think this is a stupid suggestion.

I think Trev has a cute avatar kitty
Back to top Go down
Amaterasu

Amaterasu

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 8:37 pm

Unless your Ayatsuri. NOPE. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Deidara

Deidara

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 8:44 pm

Jōnin are generally able to use at least two types of elemental chakra, some genjutsu, and above average taijutsu skills.
Back to top Go down
KishuSenki

KishuSenki

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 8:53 pm

Deidara wrote:
Jōnin are generally able to use at least two types of elemental chakra, some genjutsu, and above average taijutsu skills.

that may be, but we have genin running around with Genjutsu,Medical,Fuinjutsu,Ninjutsu and other shit. So y'know, a limit might be good based on rank then.

2 at genin
3 at chunnin
4 at jounin
Back to top Go down
kaindelvin

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 10:15 pm

as far as i'm aware, there's only one genin able to do that, and she can get steam rolled semi-easily. her bonuses to all those is a measily + 1, and she gets no stat bonuses to genjutsu. if she wants to pay all the tokens it takes to do those things well enough to use in a fight, then god bless her. dont complain that someone else invested tokens in being versatile, while you invested tokens in being a one trick pony.
Back to top Go down
Aquarius

Aquarius

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 1:58 am

There's also a huge difference in someone that's spent 240 tokens in their character... and someone that's spent over 500 tokens in them. Just pointing that out, kain.
Back to top Go down
dalerawks

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 8:41 am

No thanks, im opposed to anything that inhibits character growth.
Back to top Go down
Chiyo

Chiyo

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 1:10 pm

* is possibly one of the few if not only other one to like the idea =3 * lmao Ty tho for suggesting it despite some of the comments, it is productive and was meant to help keep things realistic too.

In the anime, I can see how there were like 2 fields people specialized in.

Bee: Ken / Nin

Sasuke: Nin / Ken

Naruto: Tai / Nin

Orochimaru: Fuuin / Sage possibree?

What if there was a limit perhaps to the stuff a person can learn, ie: C-Ranks typically unless specialized then it can go up to S-Rank. S-Ranks themselves I would have liked a max of 3 per char (as these are your chars -signature- moves) and take a lifetime practically to master (In orochimaru's case several life times) But these are my own suggestions on the matter, good job again Deebo <3 u still.

NOTE: Everyone is ofcourse free to express their ideas and opinions and suggestions! Just be respectable too plz.
Back to top Go down
KishuSenki

KishuSenki

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 3:54 pm

The point i was making is it's stupid to become a master of everything, That just doesn't make any sense. You don't see naruto pulling out genjutsu to smite his enemys. So why should one character be able to do everything at once? Yeah i get the whole "QQ I DONT WANNA LIMIT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT" but still, if you want to use genjutsu on a ninjutsu/taijutsu based character then make an ALT who uses Genjutsu instead of adding on extra stuff that doesn't really make IC sense to the character.
Back to top Go down
Hiyo/Sugao

Hiyo/Sugao

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 5:23 pm

For me, Taijutsu and Kenjutsu can sword of be rolled into one field. Since the physical aptitude for them are pretty much exactly the same other than the weapon used.
Back to top Go down
X-Hero

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 6:02 pm

Hmm, yet to look at the actual combat rules (recent arrival, afterall) but rather than limit the types of techs you can use (which kinda makes no sense, in my opinion, though this is from years of other servers in mind) limiting the number of techs you can learn per rank has always been a good way to deal with the problem.

Now, if you focus in one place or another, you're going to have weaknesses (Nin losses to Ken/Tai, Ken/Tai to Gen, and Gen to Nin). And, if you try being able to do -everything- without a huge chunk of tokens to back you up, you're going to be looked at, then facerolled every time (personal experience on that being facerolled.)

So, if you want to throw that much time and tokens into a char, why not?
Back to top Go down
KishuSenki

KishuSenki

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:04 pm

Thats the thing, your characters specialization and what not is based on how many tokens you have, not what your character ICly would be able to do which is silly.. thats basically saying "Oh i can make a god with sub-par roleplay behind it if i have enough tokens". I think it'd be cool to have more RP behind why your character can specialize in all this stuff rather than just one day because you had tokens you show up and go ERMEHGERD EVERYTHEEERN. Maybe like limiting it even when you have the tokens to do it until a DM has watched you RP training and focusing in these new specializations before you get a power or whatever based around it.

I.E, Studying Genjutsu Books to learn how to properly do it instead of "Oh yeah i just know how to do it cause my INT mod is high"

or practicing physical combat or like.. carrying huge boulders around like Hiyodori has been doing.
Back to top Go down
kaindelvin

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:13 pm

we can follow that system once you rp in front of dms learning to use fuuinjutsu for the first time. that is what your suggesting right? That to do something non-standard, you have to rp in front of the dms learning it. Lead the charge for change. I mean, you just showed up one day cause you had 200 tokens able to use fuuinjutsu. Why cant everyone else?
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:19 pm

kaindelvin wrote:
we can follow that system once you rp in front of dms learning to use fuuinjutsu for the first time. that is what your suggesting right? That to do something non-standard, you have to rp in front of the dms learning it. Lead the charge for change. I mean, you just showed up one day cause you had 200 tokens able to use fuuinjutsu. Why cant everyone else?

Cos he's a Hateshinai and they are not

What you're basically suggesting is mandatory academy.
Back to top Go down
kaindelvin

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:21 pm

no thats what he's suggesting. if anyone wants to have more than one jutsu type according to him, you have to rp in front of a dm before you can spend your ~rp~ tokens. i was just showing how rediculous it is. Thats the entire point of rp tokens, proving you can and do rp. you shouldnt have to rp more to use rewards you get from rp.
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:32 pm

kaindelvin wrote:
no thats what he's suggesting. if anyone wants to have more than one jutsu type according to him, you have to rp in front of a dm before you can spend your ~rp~ tokens. i was just showing how rediculous it is. Thats the entire point of rp tokens, proving you can and do rp. you shouldnt have to rp more to use rewards you get from rp.

I was under the impression that Fuinjutsu was the Hateshinai's 'one Jutsu type'
Back to top Go down
KishuSenki

KishuSenki

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:40 pm

kaindelvin wrote:

Hateshinai is the Fuinjutsu Bloodline, Thus to use the abilitys you kind of have to already know how to use Fuinjutsu.

What i mean is yeah sure you start out specialized in one or two things that you where good at in the academy right? So lets say Derpington Senor was awesome at Taijutsu and Ninjutsu in the Academy so therefore those are what he specializes in, If he wants to suddenly branch out and go into Genjutsu or fuinjutsu or whatever the fuck he should have to roleplay that sudden change instead of going "OH i had enough tokens to boost my intelligence i can now use Genjutsu without any RP backing it up, i just can because my stat says i can do it."

And also yes, RP tokens are earned through RP but they are through just standing around roleplaying or like through events. so it literally makes no sense to be able to use them to just go "Oh yeah my character learned how to fart out rainbows from his butt because i had enough rp tokens to buy it"
ICly RP tokens don't fucking exist so therefore you should have to RP things out. I remember on the old server if you wanted a custom item the DM had to run you an event to aquire the fucking item before you could buy it with your RP tokens.
Back to top Go down
Aquarius

Aquarius

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 12:13 pm

Honestly, I 100% agree with him in this. Considering it's a -ROLEPLAY- server.. I think branching into new specialities should take alot more time than just 4 seconds of posting things on the forums, IE "I purchased this many mods here" or "Switch this stat with this one". NO ONE on the server is Senju Hashirama or Uchiha Madara. No one can do everything at the age of 10. Which is how a lot of this is seeming to lead up to. RP tokens show that you can roleplay in the field well, but it doesn't do anything to say HOW you created your jutsu... or HOW you were capable of using genjutsu, or HOW you got your awesome pwn scythe thing. Sure, a lot of these things have RP behind them... but a sentence explaining how the jutsu works doesn't explain how you created it. A paragraph of how you got the weapon shouldn't be enough to give you a 50+ token sword.
Back to top Go down
Hyuuga Neji

Hyuuga Neji

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 12:43 pm

I disagree with aquarius
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So how about.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So how about..   So how about.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So how about..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NarutoVerse 2.0 :: Out Of Character :: Suggestions/Concerns-
Jump to: