NarutoVerse 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Neverwinter Nights server based on the Naruto Universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sturdy Mind Trait

Go down 
+2
Gaara
Kamarile
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kamarile

Kamarile

Sturdy Mind Trait - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sturdy Mind Trait   Sturdy Mind Trait - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 2:42 pm

Asuma wrote:

yamanaka -> Animals -> Humans.

The Conflict in the ability is that it says the Standard Clan Telepathy. May choose to read the thoughts of those around her meaning she can read but because of the standard scaling from the clans telepathy it would only apply to those of the standard scaling. Hence why I suggested getting these fact verified with the staff.

I added the 'has standard telepathy' as an explanation after getting clarification that I had both abilities. It's (as far as I know) the case that I don't have 'transmit' to humans but I can touch their mind a bit. In mechanical terms by the time i'm Jounin my rolls will be much higher and i'll be able to see the minds of Genin with laughable ease. So the ability does advance with the original telepathy.

It was originally meant to be the same as Youkkei's. (Youkkei made me wanna play Yamanaka to begin with, she's just so cool! <3)

But yes, i've done this infront of basically every DM on the server (and had it considered as potentially useful for an event) and not a peep from any of them. I'd rather not ask for clarification, since that might make them reinterpret it as making no sense that I can read humans.
Back to top Go down
Asuma

Asuma

PostSubject: Re: Sturdy Mind Trait   Sturdy Mind Trait - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 2:58 pm

Its better to ask then to continue to do something they may consider wrong to do amongst the playerbase. DMs have a rule in events...

Rule 1.) Dms are always Right.

This rule is in effect as the DMs are only hired within the terms that they have the playerbases best interest at heart where as they can make you shine through slight rises in your capabilities RP'd as your growing as the young shinobi you are.

Example ...

Dm asks a Kaguya to roll CON against an attack after getting hit by something brutal and that player rolled epicly a 20 natural roll. DM has the right to make that player shine and say that the attack did 0 dmg as the Kaguya's bloodline " Dead Bone Plus " naturally reacted to the hostilities of the approaching doom and threw themselves into instincts. And to further the RP behind that a DM can state you gain Event Bonus to rolls of +2 atk -3 def and +1d4 dmg to rolls.

DMs have the means to shape you for success so long as you maintain a good basis of your RP... Now if you RP your character running in like a twit ...

DM may get a bit spiteful at the lack that off respect for the event they worked hard to build for you to use your head and enjoy the Shinobi Esque RP Missions they are giving you. And they may Apply negatives to you or Auto pin you down.

All of it is in the means of RP.

What im saying is DMs may permit it during events but it may not be permitted outside of the DM supervision. This again is why im suggesting clearification xD lol
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

PostSubject: Re: Sturdy Mind Trait   Sturdy Mind Trait - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 3:00 pm

I mean that i've done it in front of them as players aswell. I think that by this point if it doesn't work like that one of them would have mentioned it instead of counter rolling.

What that tells me is i'm either using it right, or there's something silly going on.

As for Yamanaka Mind Talk i'd have thought that it would go: Yamanaka, Humans, Animals due to animals being the one of these that is not like the other. Humans seem to be Jounin because they're the most useful.
Back to top Go down
Asuma

Asuma

PostSubject: Re: Sturdy Mind Trait   Sturdy Mind Trait - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 3:03 pm

Then why worry about it and just ask. its better then having an ability that has conflict with itself and never having it cleared and then a player ignores it later on down the road because its not fixed. and then that player gets in trouble because he thought you were trying to cheat ...

This is again another reason it should be clearified. Fixed Wording. So such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sturdy Mind Trait   Sturdy Mind Trait - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sturdy Mind Trait
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2