NarutoVerse 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Neverwinter Nights server based on the Naruto Universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Round Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kaindelvin

Round Question Empty
PostSubject: Round Question   Round Question Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:39 pm

K, i have a question on exactly how a "Round" is measured here. I cant think of a way to make myself clear without charts, soooo here they are:

There are two ways I've seen a round measured as and these are each example with there pro's and con's:

The "End of Round" method(seen mostly with debuffs I've noticed):

Initiative Order
Joe
Shmoe
Bob

Joe uses a 1 round duration jutsu. So, the jutsu would end after Bob took his turn, but before the start of the next round and Joe's next turn.

The "Start from action" method(always seen with buffs, have not seen anyone not use this for buffs):

Initiative Order
Joe
Shmoe
BoB

Joe uses the same 1 round duration jutsu. This time the Jutsu would end after Joe's next turn, ending exactly 1 round from when the jutsu took effect(at the end of his turn).

K, those are generally the two i've seen being used, with no rhyme or reason as to why each was used when.

Pro's of the End of Round method:
It makes all durations standard, and easier to keep track of.
It's easier for some to understand. The round ends, so the duration is -1.

Con's of the End of Round method:
Makes being last in intiative order very very bad. If your last in initiative and roll a 1 on your duration, you've just used x amount of chakra for 0 effect.

Pro's of the Start from Action method:
Makes every jutsu used have the same duration. initiative no longer matters in the duration of jutsu
1 round actually = 1 round, instead of a hybridized version.

Con's of the Start from Action method:
Hard to keep track of.
Confusing when the duration is applied to someone other than the user(ie genjutsu).

Personally, i prefer the "Start from Action" method, as it makes me feel as if i can actually do buffs/debuffs without being screwed by always losing initiative rolls. But, i was wondering officialy which one is used or is there a third one used that I am missing?
Back to top Go down
Chiyo

Chiyo

Round Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round Question   Round Question Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:57 pm

Back to top Go down

Round Question
Page 1 of 1