NarutoVerse 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Neverwinter Nights server based on the Naruto Universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HealthPoints

Go down 
+2
Kamarile
Dm Nagato
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dm Nagato

HealthPoints Empty
PostSubject: HealthPoints   HealthPoints Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:11 pm

How do you feel about the current levels of HP?

A basic C rank quickly deals +- 10 damage. Whilst most people have +- 30 hp at level 15-18. Meaning that after 3 C-ranks you'd be gone
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

HealthPoints Empty
PostSubject: Re: HealthPoints   HealthPoints Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:31 pm

I'm as usual concerned that Genjutsuing someone down is going to be nearly impossible. I've seen at least one character (currently) with 2cp regen that gains 5 'monopoly money' cp that they can use for their clan techs on scoring a hit.

Perpetual motion machines like that don't seem fair to Gen users. At all. I'm having difficulty using Gen to win fights, whereas if I was Nin I would (as Seero states) blast someone in a few hits.
Back to top Go down
Dm Nagato

HealthPoints Empty
PostSubject: Re: HealthPoints   HealthPoints Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:39 pm

Though...(I know a different discussion but ah well) Genjutsu isnt supposed to be 1v1 Ownage.. Its supposed to open people up for other attacks (the so called stun) or disorientate them (-'s)..or whatever support role you can fit to it (not able to use X or Y). From my point of view regular genjutsu should do CP damage only (not saying anything about funky bloodline or high ranking techs). And I think CP damage is powerful enough as most people need to spend stat points on more than just CHA for CP.

HP though...is universal perhaps tone down jutus damage..or (the faster way) heigthen the HP bonus?
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

HealthPoints Empty
PostSubject: Re: HealthPoints   HealthPoints Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:48 pm

Well there are very strong Ninjutsu that stun and also the utility aspect of Ninjutsu. Characters that can:

Fly
Add an unrelated stat to their RP rolls
Build defensive fortresses
Autopass hide checks

I don't see many possibilities to make things happen as a Genjutsuist beyond 'hey you're standing there taking cp damage' and it's frustrating. I mean I could make a Jutsu that prevented people seeing me, identical to invisibility Jutsu and somehow people would get it changed by saying.

"It's not fair, it's affecting my character's mind I want a full Genjutsu resist roll as well"
Back to top Go down
Admin Tsunade

Admin Tsunade

HealthPoints Empty
PostSubject: Re: HealthPoints   HealthPoints Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 7:58 pm

I suggest combining Genjutsu and Tools at least.

There's one Genjutsu that only takes half resilience damage from tools, so.. It might be viable there.
Back to top Go down
Hiyo/Sugao

Hiyo/Sugao

HealthPoints Empty
PostSubject: Re: HealthPoints   HealthPoints Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 8:52 pm

Perhaps you're not seeing the hidden benefits of genjutsu.

I know for a fact I'm more anxious about spending CP against a genjutsuist; I'm not willing to invest big CP into bigger moves if they end up getting wasted by getting stunned. You have an obfuscated defence in that people will have less CP to burn. This is the same reason why Hyuuga are quiet strong as well. On top of this, you are preventing the opponent from taking more actions with stuns that don't break automatically when you strike a target with another technique.

As it's been said, Genjutsu is a support art. To my recollection, there are -no- ninja in the canon of Naruto that exclusively use Genjutsu. Even masters of genjutsu are adept at other forms of jutsu to deal their damage. If you're using genjutsu to try and burn down a target, you're just using it wrong.

Regarding your own Common Kam, people objected to having their minds automatically read with no effort or RP involved; just "Oop I know your stuff now". In cannon, even masters of genjutsu required Eye-contact. Me thinks that the 'infamy' of your tussle with the community over genjutsu and Yamanaka is the fact you aren't familiar with the Canon. If I recall correctly you've never seen the series.

As for other effects of genjutsu, I had ideas in the past for genjutsuists to 'erase', effects. As in, they are hit by something and reactively 'null' those effects. Like "You may have seen me get hit by the fireball but it was a machination of my genjutsu" kind of like the genjutsu portion of the Sasuke vs. Itachi fight in shippuden. I have some details in my head about mechanics but I'll save them for now.

---------------------------------------------

Edit: Refer to Chiyo's post about suggestions Smile

Last edited by Hiyodori - Jiatsu on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chiyo

Chiyo

HealthPoints Empty
PostSubject: Re: HealthPoints   HealthPoints Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 9:44 pm

Yes send suggestions, ideas, and other productive criticisms to help make this place better.
Back to top Go down
Tayuya

Tayuya

HealthPoints Empty
PostSubject: Re: HealthPoints   HealthPoints Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 11:32 pm

uh, not to be a little party pooper... but why was this thread brought back from the dead? the last post was in april until today. I'm just curious heh ^_^;
Back to top Go down
Hiyo/Sugao

Hiyo/Sugao

HealthPoints Empty
PostSubject: Re: HealthPoints   HealthPoints Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 11:34 pm

Hinata Hyuuga wrote:
uh, not to be a little party pooper... but why was this thread brought back from the dead? the last post was in april until today. I'm just curious heh ^_^;

Didn't see that. Curse you Queeeen!

I wondered why Kam was back o_o
Back to top Go down
Admin Tsunade

Admin Tsunade

HealthPoints Empty
PostSubject: Re: HealthPoints   HealthPoints Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 11:44 pm

..I'm blind. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HealthPoints Empty
PostSubject: Re: HealthPoints   HealthPoints Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HealthPoints
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NarutoVerse 2.0 :: Out Of Character :: Suggestions/Concerns-
Jump to: