NarutoVerse 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Neverwinter Nights server based on the Naruto Universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Heal Mod should be changed..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kamarile

Kamarile

Heal Mod should be changed.. Empty
PostSubject: Heal Mod should be changed..   Heal Mod should be changed.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 12:19 am

Heal should be replaced by one of the skills that works off of Charisma. (Or it should be an option to use one of these instead)

Perauade, Bluff, Intimidate are the most universal ones.

To me it doesn't make sense that your ability to do a completely different thing with chakra use should add up to +25 to your heal mod.

How about we replace the cleric requirement with 'bard' and change it to perform, as in 'perform medical ninjutsu'

It's just bugging me that I need to plan out a 25 mod for wis if I ever want to be capable of hitting 1/10th heal mod (15)

I havn't watched much of the anime but most of the med ninja I see are more punchy than firebally. I mean Sakura is like really good isn't she?
Back to top Go down
Kuroneko

Kuroneko

PostSubject: Re: Heal Mod should be changed..   Heal Mod should be changed.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 2:57 am

It was done for balance reasons. Even without maxing out your Wisdom modifier you can bring your heal skill ball-numbingly high. It was an issue on the previous incarnation of the server, hence the change here.

Thats my take on it, at least.

Edit: Although I don't think that skill points should have -anything- to do with anything on this server. But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

PostSubject: Re: Heal Mod should be changed..   Heal Mod should be changed.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 3:00 am

Kuroneko wrote:
It was done for balance reasons. Even without maxing out your Wisdom modifier you can bring your heal skill ball-numbingly high. It was an issue on the previous incarnation of the server, hence the change here.

Thats my take on it, at least.

What's balanced about saying you need 25 wis mod, 43 heal ranks, 3 heal focus, 10 epic focus and +50 skill mod to have a chance at rolling the maximum? Have I missed out alternate sources?

I don't dislike like it because it requires investment. I would invest to reach that heal modifier. I dislike it because its a penalty for some, and a bonus for others while at the same time locking people that go for the top of the healing to a cookie cutter Ninjutsuist.

To me it just seems that it's a case of 'this is what adds to the nwn base heal skill' rather than anything that was planned.

I'm kinda looking for the reasons why this is and if it's some sort of serious policy decision or something where I can (buy the ability to) go 'I use my cha mod instead of wis mod for heal skill' (which I will record on the forum next to my HP with the wis mod subtracted and the cha mod added)

Currently that would be +12 -3 (+9 heal)

I understand why 'adding' would be stupid (you have to roll for those last 2 points)
On the other hand i'd expect it to be much 'cheaper' than doubling the cp gain from con (Which is more than just flexibility)

If necessary i'd use my dex bonus instead (Hey it's the real secondary stat of medical Ninjutsu!) but i'd rather try and have how it works slightly altered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heal Mod should be changed..   Heal Mod should be changed.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heal Mod should be changed..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NarutoVerse 2.0 :: Out Of Character :: Suggestions/Concerns-
Jump to: