NarutoVerse 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Neverwinter Nights server based on the Naruto Universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Exclusion.

Go down 
+3
Chiyo
KishuSenki
Aquarius
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Aquarius

Aquarius

Exclusion. Empty
PostSubject: Exclusion.   Exclusion. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 5:29 pm

I am getting a little irritated that I, among others, are getting excluded from events. I understand if they're personal events... but in the past month, I've attended four events, and only managed to finish one of them... because I've been excluded from the others, ICly or OOCly. If an event is run, it shouldn't be set up so that you can't partake in it, or just be stuck as an OOC spectator... That's not fun at all, and kinda reminds me of how I was treated at my PnP D&D group, where I was basically sitting there, watching them do their session for upwards of five hours, only a single hour's worth (if that) of RP out of it. It isn't fair to me, or anyone else this happens to, and I'm bringing it to attention now, because I'd like it to change... events don't happen every day, and I'd like to be included in the fun happenings that everyone else gets to enjoy. Singling out one or a few people is unfair.

It's the same thing that made me lose interest on a previous naruto server, and I'm not going to deal with it here.
Back to top Go down
KishuSenki

KishuSenki

Exclusion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exclusion.   Exclusion. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 5:43 pm

Lol what's an event.
Back to top Go down
Chiyo

Chiyo

Exclusion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exclusion.   Exclusion. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 11:43 pm

I dont know where this is coming from, unless it is regarding to the personal eventage that was made by an Admin Ino for mez in which case let me put something into perspective:

- I have recieved 1 personal event since the start of the server (3-4 months?)

- I have recieved 2 general events since the start of the server (both itachi made, one escape to kumo and the other the konoha invasion)

3 - 4 events a month for a single player is still pretty good, not entirely sure if all of us really get that many (least of all myself). The fact that I actually had a plot made for mikoto, and requested it, and conducted once in a blue moon is not something to be disappointed about.

I personally would prefer an intimate number of people in a mission, not 10+ where it will lose its effect or appreciation of it (obviously) in the role those people served in that mission regardless of its intentions. I normally ask also who are willing to partake (up to 4 = a squad), those that do not respond lose out unfortunately. Tho I try to make sure everyone gets a chance at least once a week.

I as a player tho, would like to thank Ino for making that event for me. Because it is this dm that has taken their time out of their busy schedule to entertain me and the 3 other people who participated in this event.

Point being, I can understand some frustrations in not being an event - but unless your invited it isnt intended for you and you have to respect that.
Back to top Go down
Nymphs

Nymphs

Exclusion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exclusion.   Exclusion. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 12:16 am

Spoiler:

Last edited by Nymphs on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aquarius

Aquarius

Exclusion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exclusion.   Exclusion. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 12:16 am

Chiyo, sorry to say but.. no where in my post, did I mention the event today. I was regarding the fact that I started four events, but only -really- participated in one... every other one, I was there, but forced to be OOC, or was told that I couldn't participate (even though I was at the event site.) I even mentioned... ASIDE from personal events.

I haven't had a personal event. On this server. Ever. I had talked with Ino about doing one for me, but it doesn't matter now, since I refunded Rin. I had been waiting nearly two weeks (13 days so far) for her to run the event, and I hadn't heard anything about it.

I was NOT complaining about the amount of events. I was complaining about the fact that 3/4ths of the events I've done so far has resulted in me being FORCED OOC to watch as a spectator. That is not enjoyable, nor fun. I want you to think of how you'd feel if you were stuck watching an event oocly for up to three hours, being INCAPABLE of participating? I don't try to participate in events for the sole purpose of.. watching it. I try to join them so I can RP, not sit on the side lines and watch everyone else RP.

And I'm sorry that you don't get to participate on player for events... but as a DM, you get to participate in every single event you run. Because you're running it. Players do not, they get only what they can find, or what they can get involved in.

EDIT : I DID NOT SAY EVEN ONCE THAT THIS WAS ABOUT CHIYO'S PERSONAL EVENT. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Nymphs

Nymphs

Exclusion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exclusion.   Exclusion. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 12:28 am

Spoiler:

Last edited by Nymphs on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nymphs

Nymphs

Exclusion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exclusion.   Exclusion. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 12:44 am

Correction: I misunderstood rin's point, apparently the problem is... that... she was excluded from several events she was already in... IE: being mind controlled in one and forced to "leave the combat area" for the duration of the event and was unable to return. - And similar things like this that happened where their character was conscious - able - etc... and.. unable to return to the event (part of this may be because they are an npc...) and was probably not worthy of my earlier ... upset, which is now spoilered. Although this is difficult to grasp when its simply discusses exclusion without a more.. precise meaning.

Last edited by Nymphs on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KishuSenki

KishuSenki

Exclusion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exclusion.   Exclusion. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 12:47 am

Nymphs wrote:
https://narutoverse2.rpg-board.net/t478-a-slow-period
They said they were on a slow period for half of that... with a week of chiyo being highly involved in family members - but you burned a character because they couldn't get to you? in .. 13 days? Rin the genin champion of the universe gone?

" I want you to think of how you'd feel if you were stuck watching an event oocly for up to three hours, being INCAPABLE of participating? I don't try to participate in events for the sole purpose of.. watching it. I try to join them so I can RP, not sit on the side lines and watch everyone else RP."
I did this yesterday, what you were describing here. It kinda sucks. But, that's where you have to be mature and realize... some of those events.. you WERE in.... others were not involved with. It sucks, but what are you asking for at this point?

Remember that genin event tournament thing? Remember how people lost on the first day of competition? Never to get tokens per match nor rank up - nor really be involved other then the crowd?... this is an RP server... it does not center around your character sometimes you get excluded, sometimes I get excluded... sometimes chiyo might be excluded but guess what - I bet you dollars to donuts he'd stay on RPing and be fun to be around, or switch to DM side to make the event better for others...that's how chiyo is.

Ino? - You might have considered asking during a non-hectic time... I've only seen Ino do their best while dealing with a never ending torrent of complaints over the last few weeks - complaints that have to be read and considered.

You ask they put themselves in your shoes? Anyone who has played on an nwn server with a dm and missed out on an event has been in your shoes. Certainly all the DMs here. - I think your the one who needs empathy on this matter.

Word.

Also, Aquarius kindly stop yer bitching. You've at least seen some events where others on the server have seen maybe two or three in their entire time playing. Do you hear them complaining about not getting events? Nope not a single one. You're just being greedy for tokens. so staaaaahp.

PS: The DM's are doing a damn good job considering they have to deal with people like me and also requests,complaints etc from people. There's only really 3 active DM's to deal with a playerbase's shit. They run events when they can and if you don't get to participate suck it up and go play somewhere else. Or better yet, Apply to become a DM and run some events for other people instead of only worrying that you don't get any events.

PPS(Due to Nymphs Edit): Even when you get kicked from an event due to things that happen IC that's part of roleplaying. There's no reason to complain due to things that happen IC. Shit happens. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

Exclusion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exclusion.   Exclusion. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 1:57 am

All i'm going to say to certain comments is that missing an event because you are afk/offline when all present are asked if they want to participate is not something you can complain about.

DMs do good work but leveling up a new character (that was presumably paid for) isn't something I like to see being described as a special favor.

I'd heard they felt like they character had unresolved tension that made them hard to RP and i'm going to them the benefit of the doubt that they didn't paint themselves into that corner without a DM making them think there would be a plot. I mean anything else would be deliberately breaking your own leg then complaining that the doctors are too slow in fixing it. It would be ludicrous for Aquarius to claim that DMs were at fault in any way if that was the case.

Having a proper sense of gratitude when events occur is essential, yeah. Because they're fun and exciting. I think it's important to remember why there's 20-odd players and 4 DMs. Because DM'ing for most people isn't enjoyable. It's like a muddy puddle between imagination and roleplaying and, understanding that; I know why I should be grateful when events occur. (Particularly personal ones)
Back to top Go down
[Administration]
Admin
[Administration]

Exclusion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exclusion.   Exclusion. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 5:06 am

Todays event. Which was probably what this was about, was a thank you for Chiyo who has more than 40 events in his event registery. More than 40. I want everyone to understand what that is. The server has been up for two months. That's more than -20- events a month. Today the event was based around him, and him gathering a squad (clearly people around the same area as him.) to do something dramatic.

As for Eternal Tundra, you're right. We did talk about a certain plot line that I accepted to do, and then not to long after wards I took a leaving period because of personal issues, and posted my absence on the forums. There's no excuse for that, and I apologize. I do owe you an event and I'll throw you something for your new character. I apologize.

As a side-topic. I'd like if we can take a moment from this arguement in order to thank Chiyo for his amazing job and putting so much hard work into this server despite all the things he has going on. (Yes, DMs have a IRL, like jobs, interning, friends, we eat, use the bathroom (not us girls tho), and family that we have to look out for.) So I want to say thank you Chiyo. For all your hard work, and dedication to our server. You're an amazing DM, and a even more amazing best friend.

Last edited by [Co-Admin] Ino on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://narutoverse2.rpg-board.net
KishuSenki

KishuSenki

Exclusion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exclusion.   Exclusion. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 5:10 am

[Co-Admin] Ino wrote:

As a side-topic. I'd like if we can take a moment from this arguement in order to thank Chiyo for his amazing job and putting so much hard work into this server despite all the things he has going on. (Yes, DMs have a IRL, like jobs, interning, friends, we eat, use the bathroom (not us girls tho), and family that we have to look out for.) So I want to say thank you Chiyo. For all your hard work, and dedication to our server. You're an amazing DM, and a even more amazing best friend.

dis
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

Exclusion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exclusion.   Exclusion. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 12:01 pm

[Co-Admin] Ino wrote:

I thought I did!?

Thank you Chiyo for bearing the burden of forum work, DM'ing, Answering my petty concerns and still finding time to play interesting and fun characters!
Back to top Go down
Aquarius

Aquarius

Exclusion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exclusion.   Exclusion. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 1:49 pm

Mm, as Nymph already stated, it wasn't about Chiyo's event yesterday. But thank you for all your work Chiyo, you deserve the credit. Don't think I've heard of many DMs that has an event number that high, lol.
Back to top Go down
Kamarile

Kamarile

Exclusion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exclusion.   Exclusion. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 3:47 am

Exclusion: The mind controlling villains don't even want Alessia when they capture her. I wish just -once- she'd get to do something interesting and not get to be the chewtoy for all the cool 'bloodlined' players.

GRRR
Back to top Go down
Gaara

Gaara

Exclusion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exclusion.   Exclusion. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 4:23 am

Elyssa wrote:
Exclusion: The mind controlling villains don't even want Alessia when they capture her. I wish just -once- she'd get to do something interesting and not get to be the chewtoy for all the cool 'bloodlined' players.

GRRR

I tried!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exclusion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exclusion.   Exclusion. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exclusion.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NarutoVerse 2.0 :: Out Of Character :: Suggestions/Concerns-
Jump to: