NarutoVerse 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Neverwinter Nights server based on the Naruto Universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggestion about Natural 20's

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gaara

Gaara

Suggestion about Natural 20's Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion about Natural 20's   Suggestion about Natural 20's Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:12 pm

No matter what game you play, whenever you roll the highest possible result, its usually boosted by something to make it nearly impossible to miss. In DnD its an auto-hit(which I dont agree with) but its still something to signify its importance. Yes, it deals extra damage right now, but what crit doesnt do extra damage. I'm talking about what I think of when I see a natural 20 and compare it into a Naruto based setting.

I see a 20 as a chakra boost/physical boost/strain on the mind in order to protect someone or something they love/are passionate about. I think, it would be nice if natural 20's offered a +5 boost to the ending result of the roll. My DnD group does something similar, except we make it +10 (A bit too high for a server like this). A +5 would make it so you could RP that burst of chakra/physical adreneline/emotional boost in order to land a move a bit more sharply. So that if its genin vs genin, if someone rolls a 20, the only way to beat it is to also pretty much roll a 20. Now why just +5 instead of auto hitting? Well it doesnt make sense, no matter the boost, for a genin to strike a jounin. Orochimaru whooped up Naruto in the chuunin exams, but with a boost of emotional power Naruto was able to at least stop orochimaru's summon.

Anyway, these are my thoughts on the manner, any other opinions are welcome.
Back to top Go down

Suggestion about Natural 20's
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NarutoVerse 2.0 :: Out Of Character :: Suggestions/Concerns-
Jump to: