NarutoVerse 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Neverwinter Nights server based on the Naruto Universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Radical Idea

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tancred

Tancred

A Radical Idea Empty
PostSubject: A Radical Idea   A Radical Idea Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 12:13 am

So I'm aware this idea may just receive negative feedback, however, there are several problems with the type of server we are running. The main one being, is we have a handful of players. I think I counted about 20 unique forum accounts with a post in the Character Biographies, and on the villages rosters we have 19 ninja's registered throughout Konoha(4), Suna(7) and Kumo( 8 ) combined. This effectively spreads our player base out over several areas, now the server lore says this is supposed to be a very tense time between villages, yet to get any rp the playerbase normally congregates into a single village and we all rp together. Now, nothing is wrong with this, however it does tend to break immersion that we're all being friendly when our villages are supposedly at each others throats, with even allies being slightly suspicious of each other.

So, what does this have to do with my radical idea? Well, that idea is to limit the players to a single village, doesn't matter which village, just put all the PC's into one village. This concentrates the player base into a single spot, so we no longer have half-filled squads, or squads with no leaders because there is no PC with a high enough rank to lead it in certain lower populated villages. This would require the DM's to play as the NPC's from the other villages (When they are encountered) though with the new system for players being able to play NPC's (Playable NPC's-Missing Nin) I don't think it would cause too much stress on them. I realize that a lot of you will not like this idea because you're used to have a selection of villages to choose from, however I think it solves a few of the basic problems that stem from the way the server is set up and would offer a better overall experience than the system we currently play in.
Back to top Go down
Kankuro

Kankuro

Location : One String to rule them all, One String to find them. One String to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

A Radical Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea   A Radical Idea Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 12:34 am

Its not so radical, in fact an idea was toyed around with having a central focal point. If your following the server plot youd know something is encroaching upon the great villages. Having a joint constructed village (Hub) during this crisis is not a bad idea :3 it could be a interesting contest to see builders submit various sections. and it would accomplish your suggestion Tancred.
Back to top Go down
Aquarius

Aquarius

A Radical Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea   A Radical Idea Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 2:00 am

I don't really mind that- even if the village is Suna. Rin already has a reason to move to Suna (considering it's the most populated, that was another reason), so it wouldn't bug me too much... however this sort of thing would be something that's up to the DM team, and possibly a poll, to see how many people vote in favor of it. If so, I wouldn't mind throwing my hand at building an area, or moving to an existing village, haha, sounds like it could all be fun. This was probably my biggest problem with previous naruto servers, because they all stuck in their own villages... and I had to literally metagame to get any interactive RP that didn't involve just myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Radical Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Radical Idea   A Radical Idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Radical Idea
Page 1 of 1